Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
12/1/11 3:24 p.m.

Everybody has a favorite car, and for many, many Americans who came of age in the ’60s and ’70s that machine is the ubiquitous MGB. This honest, simple roadster introduced a generation of Americans to the sports car world. One of these enthusiasts is Bill Hiland.

In the mid-’90s, Bill returned to the San Francisco Bay Area after a stint …

Read the rest of the story

Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Digital Editor
9/5/19 8:15 a.m.

Yes, please. 

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA SuperDork
9/5/19 7:16 p.m.

A British car shop in Morgan Hill, eh?  The town couldn't be more aptly named unless it was in Oildale.

jr02518
jr02518 Reader
9/5/19 8:05 p.m.

I would also vote "yes" for the enhanced B.  The moment you change or update anything from the "as delivered" from the factory,  enjoy the improvements.

Not long ago I had the pleasure of helping a friend move some of his collection of almost 100 point cars.  The MGA roadster was quant, like a page from the early sixties.  Very nice to look at, with a wooden almost dead feel at the wheel.  I had a twenty mile drive that had me running through the "if it was mine what would I change".  To enhance the driving.

If you get the change to drive an early car like this, that is stock, you might start down the road of "what if".   Embrace it.

johnorm
johnorm New Reader
3/4/21 6:28 p.m.

Absolute yes if it makes the car safer or improves drivability. Things like 5 speeds, Maita seats, upgraded engines or a V8 swap, if done correctly, make the car more enjoyable.

I put a 1800CC MGB engine, O/D and an early MGB rear end in my 1958 MGA Coupe. What a difference it made in general performance and it made highway travel so much more enjoyable.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eYMMCpJyFGoNlUeUCcKAUJvkYYhVAGO7e64tBcQaIeLtdK5PN1vsz9fLfi3zk44p