André Rousseau
André Rousseau Reader
8/13/09 10:11 a.m.

Well I dusted off the GT6 and went for a good drive after a month sitting in the garage.

Shame I've let the summer get away from me, but have been focused on the FIAT project.

I can only dream of the future when I'll have more space so I can avoid my current problems.

Sigh maybe I should play the lotto.

A.

rconlon
rconlon Reader
8/14/09 10:19 a.m.

Andre: I, too, must move two cars to get my Fiat out of the garage. I have been thinking about doubling the width of my lane so only one needs to be moved or none when my son runs off to college with the Miata.

Cheers Ron

André Rousseau
André Rousseau Reader
8/14/09 9:10 p.m.

I wish I had it so good.

GT6 is not even at home with me

OFracing
OFracing New Reader
8/17/09 12:57 p.m.

My kids go back to college in two weeks. I lose a Jeep but back my Spitfire.

My GT6 was hit by a kid, "I'm sorry, I didn't see you" and just about totaled over Memorial day weekend. I did the mechanical work but it tied up my race car bay for a while. I have a slot at a body shop that has a good track record with classics toward the end of September. In the mean time it's taking up space in the driveway under a tarp.

I had to move it out of the garage to put the Spitfire race car back together. I had the diff bind at 100, breaking both axles and shearing the drive shaft, resulting in a head on into the Armco at Limerock last month (In car video here)(Thank you HANS). It comes home today from a race shop, had to fab some parts and straighten the frame, to continue rehab before the fall Vintage festival.

I dusted the Mercedes off with a good run last Friday. It was fun but not like a LBC, I fully expected the Merc to complete the trip and take me home. Where's the adventure in that?

mike

mike

André Rousseau
André Rousseau HalfDork
8/17/09 6:37 p.m.

Sweet jumpings Mike.

Kinda reminds me of my failure back in 06 with the GT6 when I blew apart the bell housing and so on.

We're trying to find a good solution for my madness.

So many options.

No clear winner. I like our house. So I've been batting around the idea of a larger tow vech and and an enclosed trailer. I'd park it all off site, but that means so many other complications.

Sigh.

A.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4U8UrngjyDYoxsKCOq0dKoocMWumwSD0JUO90D8o27LyFi1rBwOw8xf5NUtgMR21