Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
4/23/19 9:30 a.m.
feature_image

Photos by Tim and Tom Suddard

PROJECT PLAN

We know. We rolled the dice when we bought a nearly 50-year-old Alfa Romeo Spider through an online auction. We didn’t arrange a pre-purchase inspection. We didn’t even set eyes on the car until we flew 2500 miles to fetch it from California. Once we finally saw the Alfa in person, well, …

Read the rest of the story

alfabeach
alfabeach New Reader
4/23/19 2:39 p.m.

If you need any more practice, I can be there in a hour.

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/23/19 9:41 p.m.

Man, you guys are making me miss my 88 spider veloce.

GLK
GLK New Reader
4/24/19 11:03 a.m.

What is it about Alfa Romeos that makes buyers throw caution to the wind? A few years ago I bought a sight unseen GTV6 off the Internet for top money. It was as-described in the sense that it is original, low miles, and unbelievably rust-free. That I appreciated. The mechanicals? Let’s just say all the usual gremlins were there to the tune of about $8K so far, as I’ve stopped counting to avoid the further expense of divorce and/or psychiatric care. It is a car that I can take pride in now though. :)

wrenchklutz
wrenchklutz New Reader
4/25/19 10:29 a.m.

I just bought an 87 Spider on eBay.  It's all your fault: if you hadn't been running these articles, I wouldn't have been looking.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/25/19 9:00 p.m.
wrenchklutz said:

I just bought an 87 Spider on eBay.  It's all your fault: if you hadn't been running these articles, I wouldn't have been looking.

Ha! I just bought a 1987 jag xj6 that I hope to follow in these footsteps to bring from #4 to #3.

cdowd
cdowd Dork
4/28/19 7:11 p.m.

When can I bring mine over.  I really need to focus on doing the same thing.  A couple of days can make a huge difference.  Your car looks great.

cdowd
cdowd Dork
4/28/19 7:12 p.m.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6bXqGHwconFbwi6zVvFEai2KOcJqBAjfISHY5wvkb8DpnIWD2HvULmnCNi62fJyY