Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/29/17 1:22 p.m.
feature_image

Lotus Elans are legendary for electric gremlins. Lucas jokes were prevalent when the Elan was new, and the Elan probably did little to dispel those harsh jokes.

Unlike its steel-bodied contemporaries, the fiberglass Elan offered owners additional electrical challenges because every ground would need to run to the frame, rather than to the body. When working, this grounding system was …

Read the rest of the story

wschaub
wschaub New Reader
11/30/17 8:52 p.m.

That's pretty slick.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver PowerDork
12/1/17 4:50 a.m.

their site doesnt show the regutted genny, any ballpark on price and models it would fit?

RoddyMac17
RoddyMac17 Reader
12/1/17 5:52 p.m.

I couldn't find it on Gustafson's site, but it appears that British Parts Northwest can get them.  The downside is they're out of stock at the moment.

BPNW Alternator

gjz30075
gjz30075 HalfDork
12/2/17 7:14 p.m.

I talked to Keith Gustafson about this and they are still in the prototype stage.    Keith is making his own case.   

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
12/4/17 5:46 a.m.

Yes, I have the first one. We should have it up and running and the car done in about 60 days.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
12/4/17 6:46 p.m.

Powermaster also sells an alternator that looks like a generator, mainly for the hot rod / street rod crowd:  http://www.powermastermotorsports.com/index.html  You can get them from Summit Racing, Jeg's, Speedway Motors and probably other sources.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
12/7/17 6:38 a.m.

Yes I have used the Powermaster alternator too. Fine for a Mustang, but no appropiriate for a Lotus.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BTjEa9IjQmR9yOuohfcZmCnToIY5Mqs8HwjTkkcnkBJOs8tHelwmpDwpMz2ehgS5