KaptKaos
KaptKaos Reader
5/19/08 10:51 p.m.

Are there any dealers on here that specialize in selling A2 Jettas? My 91 GLI was hit almost 2 months ago and I am fighting with the insurance company of the guy that hit me to get a decent value.

My GLi has 132k miles and was in very good condition. I need some quotes from dealers that may have for sale or sold similar condition cars recently to help bolster my case with them.

I made a mistake of not having better coverage (declared value) on the Jetta. I have it on the 914. I assumed that the Jetta wasn't worth too much, but because of the low mileage, it's worth a lot more than I thought.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks!

Joe

.ps I have this posted on Vortex and the samba too.

Dwight Varnes
Dwight Varnes New Reader
5/20/08 5:07 a.m.

It's worth what the market says it's worth. It's also going to be regional, so getting quotes from dealers several states away isn't going to sway the insurance company.

What I always suggest people do is try to find online ads or ended Ebay auctions for vehicles that are as near to a clone of yours as possible, meaning same year, equipment, and mileage within 10,000 miles. We use dealer quotes only when truly desperate as dealers are only going to give a number to a) make a customer happy or b) get you off the phone as quickly as possible.

I would screen heavily the advice you get on message boards and only use what is coming either from an insurance employee (like me) or someone who has settled a claim themselves. Most of what I read in threads is utter nonsense.

KaptKaos
KaptKaos Reader
5/20/08 10:07 a.m.

I have provided them with ads, and auctions. Problem is that there are not a lot of 91 Jetta GLIs 2.0 16Vs for sale.

Of the 5 I gave them, the average and the mean is $4100, which I think is fair. I could have sold mine for more, but I am trying to stay reasonable. This way, if I have to take them to court, I haven't asked for anything beyond the pale.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CGYSqZwPQiheYeIVHg4TsS7JjhGA0A29O4xMYAXsE5i4SBF3YcR0KcV2bGztlNyA