aeronca65t
aeronca65t Reader
8/11/08 5:22 a.m.

OK, I am forwarding this excellent project that has been devloped on several other web forums. I'm not involved, but it sounds great. The "ringleader" for this neat project is Frank Clarici, whom many of you (here in the northeastern US) will know as sort of a "Sprite Guru".

~More Info~

Synopsis:

The Bugeye Sprite some of us will be restoring for a retired priest is on it's way being shuttled from California to New Jersey by a host of volunteers. It will be picking up bits and pieces that it needs along the way and many others have donated parts and or money towards the cause. I should see the Sprite by next weekend if all goes well. It is on a donated trailer so the people moving it along just have to unhitch the trailer and hook it up to the next tow vehicle. Take a picture and write down a few words about their part of the journey. Once some pictures get posted, I will post the link here. If anybody wants to help out, email me

Frank [spritenut~AT~comcast.net]

aeronca65t
aeronca65t Reader
8/18/08 8:22 p.m.

More updates from guys on the road involved in the "Holy Sprite" (H-S) project:

Bud O. dropped the ball here on Friday evening (poor choice of words), right on schedule. Due to work considerations at both ends of the next leg, the transfer took place today (Monday, 18Aug) which gave H-S a couple days rest - and a couple days ogling by the neighbors whilst parked in front of my garage. The most common comments were "OH, you have ANOTHER one?" and "How long will this one take?" Re-checked lug nuts and straps and took off this morning, a bit crisp for August. Got on the PA turnpike at New Stanton and the fog in the mountains didn't clear completely until Breezewood (The Town of Motels). Took a while to shake off the dew but H-S was dried off as we traversed the first high points. Crossed the mountains (Note here - I know all about the Rockies, but, these are our mountains, they are older than yours and we're keeping them!), through the tunnels and out into the central plain. Touched base with Kevin V., everything on schedule - we met at Grantville within 15 minutes of each other and made the switch. Trailer towed nice at around 60 mph. Got up to 65 on occasion but with all the construction mostly kept to 55 and below. A lot of folks gave me a 'high-sign' when passing; some were pointing their fingers at their temples and making circles, but I took that as a good omen. A couple truckers wanted to pass in the worst way, but when they saw it was a Bugeye, they respectfully backed off, and NOW! Every State Trooper I passed (and there were quite a few loading up Fast Eddie Rendell's coffers) wanted to stop me for a once-over, but I think the "Holy Sprite" spray painted on the side made them think twice. Now off to pack to join the festivities next week-end; glad to have been a small part of the odyssey (I haven't spelled that right yet!).

....and more:

The Holy Sprite has just arrived in Tuscarora, Pennsylvania.

Charley Braum traveled from the western end of Pennsylvania (Pittsburgh area) to the Harrisburg area this morning and we met at the Holiday Inn in Grantville, PA at about noon.

The Holy Sprite will now take a brief rest in Tuscarora until Sunday August 24th. On Sunday morning it will make the final leg of it's journey to Tom's River, NJ.

I salute all who proceeded me in this endeavor!

Kevin Valentine Tuscarora, PA

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PPT2CIqaqQQET0oDCT1Hoi0lit97a7GUzUNBVnrSCf55kGA8uewAS7xEOGhibo0O