Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
8/23/17 3:11 p.m.
feature_image

We're headed to South Bass Island, Ohio, this weekend for the ninth annual Put-in-Bay Road Race Reunion. And yes, we're entering a car in this historic event. Publisher Tim Suddard is racing our project Triumph TR3 all weekend. Come find us in the paddock, and we'll give you a tour of the car. Plus we’ll be offering our latest subscription …

Read the rest of the story

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
8/29/17 9:54 a.m.

Tim qualified 3rd, but finished his first session in 4th after a bobble at the start. You can watch his next session this afternoon: WPIB.com will be live-streaming the racing here starting at 2:00 p.m. Tim goes back out at 2:30.

Margie

Marjorie Suddard
8/29/17 9:55 a.m.

Oh, and forum regular Bravenrace is here. Actually a good guy in person.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/29/17 10:52 a.m.

Myself, my Dad and my son Tyler went out there yesterday. I did not see anyone over by the car when we walked through the paddock unfortunately, though I did get some video of Tim with his phone out during the laps of the old course. Anyway, good luck today.

Marjorie Suddard
8/29/17 12:02 p.m.

Yeah, Tim said he shot some quick video while he was doing the parade on the old course.

Marjorie Suddard
8/29/17 2:20 p.m.

Tim's having a great weekend. After another bad start (he had understood there would be 2 pace laps), he began his second session dead last. In the rain. He then proceeded to pass all but the first two cars, ending his session in 3rd and qualified for the feature.

He finished the feature, which had the top 10 cars from each of the 4 race groups, 5th overall and first in class.

I am a little jealous of the relationship he has with Millie, his TR3 race car.

Margie

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA SuperDork
8/30/17 2:48 p.m.
Marjorie Suddard wrote: I am a little jealous of the relationship he has with Millie, his TR3 race car. Margie

Perhaps you can take solace in knowing that, in the fictional book about GRM loosely based on actual events, your name would probably be changed to "Millie."

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/31/17 11:05 a.m.

Here is the video I shot.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/EKcZliBF03c

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
9/2/17 6:35 a.m.

Cool video. Thanks for posting it.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
9/3/17 11:54 a.m.

It was great meeting you, Tim and Marjorie. Here's a few pics Deb took of you, Tim.

macautr2
macautr2 New Reader
12/27/20 4:26 p.m.

macautr2
macautr2 New Reader
12/27/20 4:28 p.m.
macautr2 said: I thought you may like a look at my old girl, 55 TR2 macau bodied....an old race car, still loving life!! - good health to all!!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IeOjzvqcmkwevhSiKyP7HZgiV8BclsxNpl0ZArumrZpYcsKrKj04wgqrARhjvtsL