1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
JZR
JZR New Reader
8/8/20 1:03 p.m.

This British Racing Green over Black, right-hand drive, beetle-back, JZR Aero Super Sport three wheeled cycle-car was factory-built in the UK in the 90’s for world-famous, race-car legend Brian Redman. Titled and registered in California as a 1982 Moto Guzzi motorcycle in keeping with the year and make of the donor. It is powered by a 949 cc air-cooled V-twin producing 70 hp. The engine is mated to a 5-speed sequential gear box with power transferred to the swing-arm mounted rear wheel via a drive shaft.

1970 Plymouth duster with a grm dork decal for prop. Ive owned this car since 1995, learned to drive in it, dated my wife in it. First drag race and autocross and parade lap at jershaw. Totalled twice, restored 3 times. Hot 360 with a solid roller cam, five speed,  full custom springs and suspension with spax shocks, giant stereo,  and ac. Only car ive ever had that ive never thought about selling. 

ginya91mx5
ginya91mx5 New Reader
8/8/20 4:28 p.m.

Ginya” (silver arrow in Japanese), my classic, original-owner 1991 Mazda Miata (MX-5) NA6 with nearly 350,000 miles on her chassis. 

Purchased in 1990 when I was flying for the U.S. Navy, she is one of the first MX-5s to be registered as a Historical Vehicle in California. She is also the only car to win “Best of Show” 3 consecutive years at the Miata Reunion (North America’s biggest MX-5 event) at Laguna Seca Raceway.

It was an honor to have Ginya win a 1st Place Ribbon—Favorite Miata at last year's Classic Motorsports Monterey Kickoff Cruise-In!

Prop is a poster from the 2017 The Little Car Show, normally held in Pacific Grove the day after the Classic Motorsports Monterey Kickoff Cruise-In. Had a great time at both events in 2019; looking forward to doing so again in 2021!!!

[Please see additional images, including interior and engine bay, in Ginya's Classic Motorsports "garage" and on Instagram (@ginya91mx5).]

1974MGB
1974MGB
8/8/20 6:10 p.m.

My 1974 MGB "tink" named after a rattle it took me a while to find, just got back from the local Cars and Coffee where we got to show off the new top boot.   Thanks to all for putting this together!

GrizwoldsZ
GrizwoldsZ New Reader
8/8/20 7:37 p.m.

I've been attending the kickoff cruise in for the last few years with my son and my 71 240Z.  I was fortunate enough to win best Japanese car at last years event. I want to first thank you and second please consider the other fine autos here for best Nissan.  My Monterey swag is the blue ribbon and entry from last years show along with a framed poster from the 2018 motorsports reunion when Nissan was the featured marquee and the latest issue of my favorite magazine.  By the way, my son is officially a car guy now. That's his S2000 next to the Datsun.  His magazine of choice is Grassroots Motorsports. We hope to both attend next year. It's a great event!

thought I would post a couple more pics just for fun.  Good luck to everyone!

Shed7
Shed7
8/8/20 7:51 p.m.

My 1968 Porsche 912 in original bluto orange. I've owned and road tripped this car for 15 years on both sides of the pond (currently in Atlanta). At the shop this weekend so can't get to it for a fully staged shot, so here it is in the line-up in happier times at the Chattanooga Festival last year... 

As for a prop, it's (very) hard to see but hanging from the rearview is an original Le Mans NART paddock pass from 1969. Le Mans is the spiritual home for me and this car. We've made the trip to the Le Mans Classic together 5 times so far... 

Maniac0301
Maniac0301 HalfDork
8/8/20 8:03 p.m.

My 1987 Rallycross MR2 with my OneWheel.   Arguably one of the best pit vehicles, made in the USA in San Jose California.

DLangsHoopties
DLangsHoopties
8/8/20 8:05 p.m.

I humbly submit my 120,500mi "Daily Beater" 1990 Chrysler's TC By Maserati freshly detailed.....as well as the faded and destroyed clearcoat takes it. In true Lemonsrally spirit I took a leisurely 1.5hr hour drive into the middle of nowhere to take a pic with a funky roadside attraction for no specific reason; an "Ark" made out of an old barn. This Michigan fella has never visited California aside from a 6hr layover in a hotel, so my prop is a vinyl copy of the Eagles classic album Hotel California. Joe Walsh liked to sing about his Maserati going way faster than this one ever can, so it works for that too.

stu67tiger
stu67tiger Reader
8/8/20 8:55 p.m.

Here's my 1967 Sunbeam Tiger.  Living on the east coast, this is the only way it will ever be part of the Monterey festivities.  It started life in upstate New York, but it's never been out of New England since I've owned it.  I've driven it through all six New England states, but in the last few years it only gets out of Massachusetts occasionally, easy, since my town borders Rhode Island.   It's always been perfect for a spirited sunset cruise on the twisty back roads around home.

It was going to be a two year project, finish off the previous owner's "restoration", then sell it and find another toy.  The project is a little behind schedule, since it was 10 years old when I bought it.  

Stu Brennan

Tripp74
Tripp74
8/8/20 9:39 p.m.

Presenting for your consideration,"Miss Tillie", my 1974 Triumph TR6.  Tillie was given a five year frame off rebuild (2009-2014).  Purists will note that I chose the non-stock color of black,  deleted the rubber bumpers, and used the original style "TR6" rear fender decals instead of the flag decals.  Numerous performance and handling upgrades were also included in the rebuild.  This photo was taken along the historic Maumee River in NW Ohio with my latest copy of Classic Motorsports as the prop. 

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
8/9/20 7:37 a.m.

In reply to Tripp74 :

Really beautiful TR6. Just finished a cover story comparing the TR6 to the Alfa Spider.

Lotus7
Lotus7 New Reader
8/9/20 9:09 a.m.

Its a long way from Florida to the "sunny" shores of Monterey; the last time I was there was in 2002 but in my mind (since this is a virtual car show) the car below helps me in a virtual way to muscle out of Laguna Seca's turn 11,  blast over the stripe and then power through 1 and down the hill into turn 2. Or think about running down the short chutes between 3 and 4 or 10 and 11. And when that is done, take the tape off the headlights, remove the numbers and listen to the pipes rumble as I drive down Pacific street and cruise along Del Monte Blvd. . . . .in my mind.

The car is a Factory Five Series 3.1 with a 440HP SBF

BruceELAN26
BruceELAN26
8/9/20 10:53 a.m.

I 'm S2 Lotus Elan with a rare top on , at my favorite watering hole !

georgeduck
georgeduck
8/9/20 11:11 a.m.

Our 1963 Porsche 356 B ... going to miss our drive along 17 Mile Drive  but glad we could connect virtually ... if iI close my eyes I can smell the sea air  .... some great looking machines and looking forward to seeing everyone next year in person  !

300zxfreak
300zxfreak Reader
8/9/20 12:28 p.m.

Here's my 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo along with the only Califoria-y props I have here in Southwest Ohio, I guess they'll have to do, haven't been to Monterey in many, many moons. Will try to post more pics if I can figure this all out. 

300zxfreak
300zxfreak Reader
8/9/20 12:29 p.m.

By the way, that's a 1964 Strat, you can't get much more "California" than that.

300zxfreak
300zxfreak Reader
8/9/20 12:47 p.m.

Another shot of my Z

Manny73
Manny73
8/9/20 1:58 p.m.

My 1973 Datsun 240Z

tl1976
tl1976 New Reader
8/9/20 4:57 p.m.

My 1976 Triumph TR7 Victory Edition.  It's an all-original car with 42K miles that has been in Ohio from new.  The Victory Edition package was offered in the United States only for part of 1976 and included unique wheels, stripes, and a vinyl roof.  I learned to drive manual in this car, and have enjoyed driving it across Ohio and the midwest.

cyncrvr
cyncrvr New Reader
8/9/20 5:47 p.m.

All such beautiful cars.

snoble
snoble
8/9/20 5:47 p.m.

Here is my 1973 Datsun 240Z I've owned since 2000 and have completely rebuilt.  My prop is a Mazda Speedway/Laguna Seca hat from the Monterey Historic races in 2015.

Pgommel
Pgommel New Reader
8/9/20 6:27 p.m.

I've been to Monterey every year since 1984 and my 1973 BMW 2002tii "Fritz" has been with me for 29 of those years. Chasing the Tour almost ended Fritz and our weekend one year. Parade laps with the BMW CCA and watching the cars come on the green at Pebble Beach (still working on a Dawn Patrol cap) are some of my cherished memories. Can't wait for next year! My swag is a Hagerty bag with catalogs from the  Pebble Beach Concours, Mecum Auctions and the Motorsports Reunion. 

mvh
mvh New Reader
8/9/20 6:50 p.m.

My original thought was to show using one of my Classic Motorsports t-shirts as a towel, but I couldn't bring myself to do it.  Daily driver gets a bath before any event (even driveway events). This 1966 MGB was restored from a newly-acquired "barn find" rolling shell combined with a rusty and battered but mechanically sound driver that I had owned for 30 years. Body stripped to metal. Assembled over 2014-2018. Basically stock with later seats for comfort and safety on vintage rallies. 

Tvinje
Tvinje New Reader
8/9/20 7:57 p.m.

I am entering 3 cars 

1 2001 BMW Z8 that I have owned since new

2.1990 BMW Z1 that I purchased in Dallas after it arrived about 2005

3.1963 Austin Healey 3000 that I bought in 1981 for 1,260 bucks.

Thanks ,
Tom

Tvinje
Tvinje New Reader
8/9/20 8:35 p.m.

1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yjFAtWufdFd44IJdNbApVPevrLEOOzkTVuv70C4wPieIXCtxETUnacoxeQMkGIgS