1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
deblovesoldcars
deblovesoldcars
8/10/20 7:45 p.m.

Saw this low mileage  1989 Alfa Spyder advertised locally a couple of years ago and decided to go take a look. Turned out to be a rust free, clean car, so we just couldn't resist.  

Lotusteve
Lotusteve
8/10/20 8:00 p.m.

This 1965 Lotus Elan has been in my family for 35 years. I bought it from my brother 25 years ago as a basket case, a total of 12 boxes of parts came with the body including engine/gearbox. After a 3 year build, it qualified on pole and won its first race in 2010. Been racing it ever since, with more pole positions and wins. Puts a smile on my face every time!

Sawasan
Sawasan
8/10/20 9:29 p.m.

Here's my 2007 350Z. I also had an original pre-order 2003 350Z which unfortunately got totaled by somebody. So I replaced it with this identical 2007 Z. The little sea otteron my windshield also enjoys riding in my Z.

bullfrg
bullfrg None
8/10/20 11:44 p.m.

My 1994 300ZX is stuck in the garage so I will post up a pick of the daily instead 2105 Chevy SS manual. I included a poster from Monterey when Nissan was the featured marquee. 

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
8/11/20 7:33 a.m.

Today is the big finale. Looks like we already have some really great entries. Judging will be tough tomorrow. We will announce winners on Thursday.

schnapsmann
schnapsmann New Reader
8/11/20 8:19 a.m.

Entered for your consideration is my 1983 Mini Cooper and matching trailer.  I built the car several years ago with the intent of keeping it stock looking.  The suprise is in the car.  It is no longer a 4 cylinder front wheel drive.  It is now a mid-engined rear drive powered by an Acura 3.2l V-6.  It makes around 300 hp and has a 0 - 60 mph time of 3.9 secs.  Stock looks but far from stock performance with the reliability of a Honda.  By the way it is also insured by Hagerty.

When I think of Monterey, I think of wine and sunshine.  That is why I have the wine bottles and hats as my nod to the show.  I wish I had a little more sunshine for this picture

GBMotors
GBMotors
8/11/20 8:31 a.m.

Posting a picture of my 1967 Jaguar E-Type.  Opalescent SIlver Blue with Dark Blue interior and fabric top.  I have added a shot of one of my classic Classic Motorsports t-shirts, featuring a Jag.  I cropped off the sleeves because they are a bit greasy!  I believe that the cars are meant to be driven and the t-shirts worn.

britboss302
britboss302 New Reader
8/11/20 8:38 a.m.

Brinton Haddock

1970 Boss 302 Mustang

California dreamin.........Enjoy a nice California cabernet ! Going to miss Monterey Week, the shows, the cars, the races. 

Hope a Best Mustang category is added to the Virtual Kickoff Cruise-In ! 

DEhmann
DEhmann New Reader
8/11/20 9:03 a.m.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
8/11/20 9:26 a.m.

In reply to britboss302 :

Brinton, please try reposting the photos

EdwardGibbbs606
EdwardGibbbs606 New Reader
8/11/20 9:39 a.m.

1994 Jaguar XJS. Edward Gibbs new Albany, Ohio

Panamericano
Panamericano
8/11/20 9:53 a.m.

A week without Monterey is like a week without a sports car.  Not quite.  We can still drag out the fun car and go for a blat.  Late 80s Birkin, titled as 1965 Lotus.  No worries.

Jburton809
Jburton809 None
8/11/20 10:00 a.m.

What's better than an authentic, beautiful California girl to showcase a Monterey Car Week starlet?  Nothing!  The car?  A 1960 Panhard PL17 we've owned since 1989.  The girl?  Our lovely daughter Audrey.  Case closed!

georgeduck
georgeduck New Reader
8/11/20 10:27 a.m.

Our 1987 Porsche 911 with just 58,500 miles on the clock - I must get it out more often ! A spin on 17 Mile drive would be fitting - Thanks for hosting such a great gathering , as always 

proitchamp
proitchamp New Reader
8/11/20 11:00 a.m.

My Improved Touring Truck 1989 Nissan. I hold the ITT track record at Road Atlanta and Barber Motorsports Park.

The prop is the Grassroots Motorsports sticker on the rear flank.

AnnMarie
AnnMarie
8/11/20 11:43 a.m.

I've never been to Monterey as we're on the East Coast; but we've watched the race for many years.  Here's my 1984 Mazda RX7 sporting last year's Monterey poster. 

Nancy McCroskey
Nancy McCroskey
8/11/20 11:59 a.m.

Here's my 1965 Mini Cooper S in my garage, waiting to go for a drive.

My momentos are the vintage-style Laguna Seca sign and pictures of my cars at Laguna Seca, as well as my checkered-flag mask hanging from the mirror in honor of all the essential workers on the front lines of the pandemic battle.

Many thanks to Classic Motorsports for giving us a little bit of Car Week this way!

sir_mike
sir_mike New Reader
8/11/20 12:07 p.m.

1968 Ford Cortina GT.Owned from new.Has period mods..dual weber's,Janspeed header and exhaust.Minlite sport wheels,Holbay FF cyl.head,Lotus Cortina susp.Sorry no prop...older pict.Mike,York,PA.

johntennyson
johntennyson New Reader
8/11/20 12:09 p.m.

Here's my Sprite, all dressed up and no place to go. I've had it since 1978, a few months after Pop kicked me out of bed one August morning and said, "Cmon, I think you'll like this: sports car racing like was back when I had the MG." And so we were off to Laguna Seca for the Historics. Pop couldn't believe it when we saw Phil Hill drive the Mercedes 300 SLR. I saw Stan Huntley's Sebring Sprite and was hooked. That December, we dragged home a basket case Sprite and the die was cast. I kind of like the garage shot, with its three sets of racing colors: the Shelby/Gurney blue-with-white, Gulf racing on the walls and the Team Lotus colors on the Sprite!

John Tennyson

Pacifica, CA

georgeduck
georgeduck New Reader
8/11/20 12:18 p.m.

Our 1969 Vw Bus ( Woodstock ) , "Berta " ... a "Station Wagon " model and is used everyday to take me to work or the run to home depot ... of our car we get the most thumbs up when driving her ... everyone has a story ... seen here in Pacific Grove ... already looking forward to next year .. be well all !!! 

Paul Eklund
Paul Eklund New Reader
8/11/20 12:21 p.m.

My 1957 Alfa Romeo 1900 Super Berlina. An original paint car with numbers matching 1.9L that runs strong. Drove it 1100 miles home after purchasing it in Palm Springs. Former owners include Donald Osborne, Santo Spadaro,  and David E. Davis...

britboss302
britboss302 New Reader
8/11/20 12:23 p.m.

In reply to Tim Suddard :

Just uploaded the photo. Does it look okay ?

Thanks

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
8/11/20 1:02 p.m.

In reply to britboss302 :

Yes, looks great.

cyncrvr
cyncrvr New Reader
8/11/20 1:18 p.m.

Wow!  You should do this more often......what an awesome collection of vehicles. Good luck in trying to pick the winners from this group. Maybe everyone could be a winner?......oh wait, they already are. Thanks everybody for posting.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
8/11/20 1:24 p.m.

In reply to cyncrvr :

Yes, I thought this was going to be pretty easy, but now I am not so sure. I have Zoom calls scheduled all day with various marque experts to help us make some tough choices. Even without the great prizes we have in store, this has been a real treat to see everyone's amazing cars in one place.

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
f5fTJyzwtBQwsQQnOzpnF7H9PWwCBcc8zEXRJTpWr6p2Oxfu4wpXXkn1IvFP4kXN