1 ... 5 6 7 8 9
Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
8/11/20 4:25 p.m.

In reply to wmbeckenbaugh :

Wow, you really don't see those very often. Thanks for keeping that on the road.

Crossworth
Crossworth New Reader
8/11/20 4:33 p.m.

In reply to ginya91mx5 :

Hi Ginya,

Can you guess where I took this pic ( LoL ).

As a major miata, porsche, ferrari fan I tip

my proverbial "hat" to you. You have a stunner NA and when I realized the milage I was floored. Well Done ! Well Done.

ginya91mx5
ginya91mx5 New Reader
8/11/20 4:46 p.m.

In reply to Crossworth :

Thanks so much; really appreciate your love for Ginya and Miatas!!!

That's a great photo of you with Keith Tanner (Flyin' Miata) from last year's CM Monterey Kickoff Cruise-In!

Hope to see you at next year's event!

TheRealLiftMan
TheRealLiftMan
8/11/20 4:59 p.m.

Our 1972 Triumph TR 6 has been owned from almost new in 1974 by my then girlfriend, then               ex-girlfriend, and after a 30 year break, now wife. During the almost 4 years required to pull this all together, her gentle spirt was indeed tested.  This was a complete "Frame Off" restoration of well over 2000 man hours by a group of truley talented craftsman.

"Trixie" now produces 169 HP @ 5600 RPM, with 174 Lbs of torque @ 3600 RPM and looks good doing it..... 

Crossworth
Crossworth New Reader
8/11/20 5:02 p.m.

My sincerest apologies to Tim Suddard and all the sponsors to create this Virtual Monterey Kickoff Cruise-in, including Hagerty and eBay Motors. I was to excited to be a part of it, and hopefully win a prize  for me and my son...I forgot to read the "FINE PRINT" on pictures to be posted.

I was not able to pull my 96M Miata (posted earlier) from the garage in time.

I opted for plan B. And since I have a 15min break from work. I thought of this.

I hope it meets the general criteria.

Steve

PS: Sorry it's a messy 2 car garage with three cars in it. Two Miata's and a '83 911SC staying cozy in thd garage. 

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/11/20 5:44 p.m.

Steve Cortese
Steve Cortese None
8/11/20 5:47 p.m.

Here's my 1993 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce.  While we wish we were on Cannery Row in Monterey, the City Dock here in Annapolis is the next best thing!  I learned to drive on my father's '71 Alfa spider,  and had to wait until 2017 to get back to Alfas with one of my own.  This spider was purchased in San Diego (close to Monterey, sort of.....) having lived in Arizona and San Diego for 20+ years.  Brought it back east, and its been a blast to drive.  Glad for this "virtual" event--great idea by Classic Motorsports!

JAM_1964
JAM_1964 New Reader
8/11/20 5:55 p.m.

1930 Essex two man Indy car recreation at last year's Pacific Grove Auto Rally. The first two photos by George Saitas Photography.

When the rally started there were three Ferraris between me and the cops. I think the Ferraris stopped at the Pebble Beach Lodge. At some point I realized the cops were right on my tail and I got a little nervous because I had taken the baffle out of the exhaust, but they were cool.

Local kids and me, John Moulton, enjoying The Little Car Show in Pacific Grove last year. 

Gordon Sauer
Gordon Sauer None
8/11/20 6:01 p.m.

1973 Lotus Elan +2S/130 owned since 1989-a frame off solo redo over many years. Has factory silver roof designating big-valve motor and contemporary air conditioner to replace distributorship add-on; keeping it cool for Texas! Thanks for your restoration articles and still refer to the thorough Elan one. Gordon

Steve Cortese
Steve Cortese New Reader
8/11/20 6:01 p.m.

Because the Chesapeake Bay, like Monterey Bay, is a big body of water, here's a second entry from a spot a little further south on the Bay, with the Chesapeake Bay Bridge in the far background!  I acquired my 1982 Fiat Spider 2000 in 2019, with only 11,400 original miles.  Not a "barn find", the spider had been meticulously maintained in Ohio and New Hampshire for 37 years.  It is truly a time capsule--original interior, top, 8-track player and even the original cocomat floor mats.   The Fiat drives great, and comes with a fantastic owner community--an additional prop is my DCFiats cap.

Raymond Evve
Raymond Evve New Reader
8/11/20 6:17 p.m.

Here is my 1969 Datsun 2000.   I bought it from Vintage Reserve Garage in Lodi, CA -- for a trip across the country to Asheville.  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dsz8skp6vpm8bcc/Datsun69.jpg?dl=0

Many fans of the 240Z don't realize the 2000 saved Datsun's bacon in "69.   It was the first year for the 240 and it kept snapping the crankshaft at above 7000 rpm.   Fortunately the 2000s stepped up to the plate and won the national runoffs for that year.

Cainstr
Cainstr
8/11/20 6:17 p.m.

Masks required in Monterey or $100 fine. Car Week is Socially Distanced. I'm at the Coast Guard Pier. Wish you were here.

CSelvig
CSelvig
8/11/20 6:39 p.m.
This is a 1966 TR4A IRS that I have owned since the mid-1980s. Many upgrades were done recently. Moss Motors was the supplier for many of the parts. I have been to many
car events here in Monterey, including going to the first races held at Laguna Seca in 1957.
The photo was taken on the coast near Pacific Grove. The prop on the winshield is, of course, Classic Motorsports.
pvteye
pvteye
8/11/20 6:43 p.m.

. Here's my 1972 Alpine Renault A110. Enjoying the virtual show and wishing we were in Monterey

mlmgm
mlmgm
8/11/20 6:53 p.m.

1974 914/4 Porsche Leichtbau, four year father/son build shown at the PCA Werks Reunion, August 2019.  Featured on Hagerty's web site:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/events/stuttgarts-finest-2019-porsche-werks-reunion/

glkuntz
glkuntz New Reader
8/11/20 6:55 p.m.

Here is my 2009 Chevrolet Corvette Z06. I have had this car for many years and love it. Went for a little drive today with a couple of friends to take a picture. Fun day.

The memorabilia is the program from the 1st Annual Monterey Historics. What could be more Monterey Week than that? Also, I have the current issue of Classic Motorsports which I would always take to Monterey with me.

Yes, I have been going to Monterey week every year for a very long time and miss it very much this year.

wrenchklutz
wrenchklutz New Reader
8/11/20 7:00 p.m.

This is your fault.  You guys ran a series of articles on your Alfa Spider.  That got me thinking that I needed an Alfa Spider again, and the next thing I knew, there it was.  The prop is one of the three issues that got my juices going.  So, yeah, it's your fault.  And thanks!

Capt Coconut
Capt Coconut None
8/11/20 7:06 p.m.

Here's my 1977 Leyland Australia Mini-Moke Californian, right-hand drive... licensed in Florida.

SteveFields
SteveFields
8/11/20 7:20 p.m.

Here's my 1967 Alfa Romeo Duetto Spider, along with the Classic Motorsports magazine t-shirt that pictures a red Alfa Duetto Spider leading a group of cars! On the coast at Carmel...  

Dragoncor10
Dragoncor10 New Reader
8/11/20 7:22 p.m.

This is my 1996 Rav 4 and it has been in the lemon show in Monterey.

Nancy McCroskey
Nancy McCroskey New Reader
8/11/20 7:28 p.m.

In reply to SteveFields :

Steve is always leading the pack!

Richard Chong
Richard Chong
8/11/20 7:34 p.m.

Here is my 1975 Opel 1900 (Ascona) in San Francisco’s North Beach. As original owner, I have fond memories of taking my car to watch races at Laguna Seca. Thus, my prop is the window sticker, placed around 1978. At that time, I lived  at  Fort Ord  , the military base where the racetrack resides.

My car was bought with a 4 speed and no air conditioning because I had big plans to use it for SCCA’s showroom stock racing. The Opel was supposed to be the fastest in class C. However, after taking my car to an autocross at the Salinas airport, plans changed. My new tires were severely scuffed and I quickly learned that I couldn’t afford racing on my student budget. Also, my driving skills were not Mario Andretti  level.

Glad you have this forum and the best to all car fans out there.

Richard Chong 

subscriber

CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress New Reader
8/11/20 7:43 p.m.

Persistence of Dreams-

2020 was our year to visit Pacific Grove as a family-big trip for us but I love cars and wife loves wildlife. Didn't happen but we're not going to give up-2021 is almost here.

Johnconrad
Johnconrad New Reader
8/11/20 7:43 p.m.

Chris Conrad's 1960 Austin Healey BN-7, in family since 1965, currently owned 46 years.  Restored 2004-2007.

NKB
NKB New Reader
8/11/20 7:48 p.m.

1969 Lotus Elan S4 SE.  Original owner. Purchased in 1969 at British Motor Car - San Francisco for $3500. Car delivered to me at the Lotus UK factory (Hethel) on July 9, 1969. I drove it all through the UK and Europe in the "Summer of 69". No, I wasn't at Woodstock - I was driving my Lotus at speed on the Continent at the time. Shipped back to California end of August 69 where it has been with me ever since.

Now with 181 hp @ 6900 (stock: 110hp) , 143 lb-ft (stock:105 lb-ft). This is a road (not race) car with torque flat from 4000-7000, redline @7000. Tractable on the street but at 1440 lbs very quick, bhp/tonne: 277. Now also with a new 5-speed gearbox (5th gear 0.75) good for relaxed high speed cruising and a (theoretical!) top speed of 160mph.

All original, numbers matching, rust-free chassis, body, engine (except for upgrades), and interior have been retained. Recently I opted to repaint in classic Lotus colors: BRG (Ferrari Verde British Racing) with a Norfolk Mustard Yellow (Lotus color) stripe. 

My Monterey Week memorabilia are two 1999 Paddock passes for the Monterey Historics, displayed on the windshield.

1 ... 5 6 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Lhy6OyAZlXi1mNrFUo1VgoNHVPuIxQYiXfXAHnRR5R3HsGdBl4bYGbzLjg3MP9Vq