Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
6/20/19 3:14 p.m.

Ten years ago, few enthusiasts cared about cars from the `80s and `90s. Back in those days, places like the Import Carlisle swap meet were full of guys hawking parts for T Series MGs, Triumph TRs, maybe even early BMWs or Z cars, but there was zero interest in anything newer. Nobody cared about VW GTIs, Honda CRXs or …

Read the rest of the story

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/20/19 7:42 p.m.

The factory restoration programs, especially Mazda's are a high point of the trend for me. 

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
6/20/19 11:13 p.m.

Once being a subscriber to the English magazine Practical Classics and Car Restorer I like this trend of newer classics.

I would doubt the 90s B14 SE-R/SE will ever be cool.  The B13 of course already is - as to where prices will go especially as I never see unmolested ones for sale who knows but I do often see a least one clean one running around the city.

For me 80s and 90s cars had 'fancier' interiors for want of a better descriptor that seem to me harder to repair.  Cloth door inserts on Nissans are turrible from my experience.

Although years ago didn't GRM magazine mention someone was already remanufacturing AW11 interior bits? smiley

I've said it before but the journalist for CCC Art Markus had a very poor opinion on the handling of E30s outside of the M3.  But hey people like them.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DuncMg0KhHIEVbrWgIaTMOFb5uSqkouBKLfWmbjWVweaA5jVc0JC8hWjI0Tl6pzg