frenchyd
frenchyd UltraDork
11/23/18 3:13 p.m.

I’m slowly putting together a modest display of motors. And am wondering if anyone has a Ford Flathead V8 they’d be willing to trade for a Jaguar V12?

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/28/18 5:22 p.m.

Now that is an intersting topic.  I have a GT-6 engine I would trade for bag of chips or anything else that weighs less than a GT-6 engine. It is left over from our GT-6 project and now that I have an Elan, my fantasy of building another Spit-6 has faded.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/29/18 2:53 p.m.

How about Buick wildcat 300 ci?

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
11/29/18 3:36 p.m.

I have a Morris Mini... 800-something? Out of a '64 Mini. Would need worked over.

Frenchy, I don't have an engine, but I do have a bellhousing from a '48 Ford truck that was a flathead V8, if that does anything for you.

frenchyd
frenchyd UltraDork
11/29/18 7:15 p.m.

In reply to JohnInKansas :

We probably should just have a available for trade sort of place. 

I’ve got••••••• 

will trade for. ••••••• or••••••••

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UltraDork
11/29/18 7:22 p.m.
frenchyd said:

In reply to JohnInKansas :

We probably should just have a available for trade sort of place. 

I’ve got••••••• 

will trade for. ••••••• or••••••••

This is genius !

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/29/18 8:14 p.m.

I have a five horse Briggs & Stratton with a horizontal shaft. It is a Flathead...

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
11/29/18 9:48 p.m.

Send me your number frenchy l put a flattie in a 54 for a guy it will never be fixed  

But north Georgia.

frenchyd
frenchyd UltraDork
11/30/18 6:27 a.m.

In reply to GTXVette :

Info sent. We’ll figure out the transportation on the fly.  ( my daughter works for Delta so we might get a deal there) 

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
12/3/18 2:55 p.m.

I tried to save your info and now can't find it. please resend.

this engine is in a car and the Qwner is currently working in Fla. and I am Attempting to Move. so I will start the wheels rolling and get back, HE WILL HAVE NO INTEREST in the engine but I do so Something will have to get traded about between he and I

frenchyd
frenchyd UltraDork
12/21/18 12:17 p.m.

In reply to GTXVette :

Sorry,  life got in the way of hobbies. A local restorer traded his modified 48 Flathead display engine on a stand for  my partially cleaned V12. He sends me pictures whenever he gets something polished or powder painted. 

When everything is shined or ready I’m assembling it for him.  He’s buying new stainless steel fasteners and really going all out.   Including a set of Weber’s 

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
12/22/18 7:08 p.m.

why did I immediately think it would be a Jaguar V12? smiley

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jxp3tRxgaMhqmYbU2SDyVVGvc3mAX21ock6B2SMtREKMLHnwIVRD4OM03mirPj2R