LanEvo
LanEvo GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/11/17 7:47 a.m.

I'm going to be racing the 190E 2.3-16 in this year's Vintage Grand Prix. I'll be running in Group 70+. Besides the typical Porsches and such, there will be an XR4Ti and a gaggle of E30 M3s. Looks like we'll be staging our very own DTM reunion!

Will any of you GRM/CM folks be there?

Wayslow
Wayslow HalfDork
6/11/17 8:29 a.m.

I won't be driving but since I only live a few minutes from the track I always come up to spectate. I'll make sure to drop by and say hi.

TR8owner
TR8owner HalfDork
6/13/17 7:35 p.m.

In reply to LanEvo:

We're (slowly) building up a TR8 for the G70 class but its a couple of years away. We just spectate but its supposedly going to pee rain all weekend. If so, we'll probably take a pass this year.

ggarrard
ggarrard GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/13/17 8:03 p.m.

I will be there... one buddy runs a E30 M3 in G70+ (now Classic) and a second runs a Triumph GT6 in Vintage... we hope to set up in the bottom of Paddock 5 in Corner 1...

LanEvo
6/26/17 7:38 p.m.

A few pics of the W201 in action.

I love this one.

Team Hammerzeit

One of these things is not like the others

ggarrard
ggarrard GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/27/17 9:46 a.m.

You looked really good out there, especially thru corner 2. Hope your travels home were uneventful. See you next year.

Cheers Gordon

LanEvo
6/27/17 4:02 p.m.

Thanks for that LOL

I was painfully slow ... and it's all down to the driver. Way below the limits of the car.

In my defense, I hadn't been on track for over 2 years and I'm a rookie racer to start with. I just got intimidated: over-slowed for every corner; bad lines through 2, 4, and 8. Horrible.

By Sunday's races I was some 10 seconds/lap faster. Still below my abilities, but not too humiliating ;)

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dC6Yovjs9gc3fIXEJR9HyoCkw3UFr0fCzcdlfPRxHAcbfW0dO3fV2nTSrZOXoZgO