Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
3/20/08 1:52 p.m.

My brother contacted me today to let me know about a neighbor of his that has a 52-53 MGTD that he is looking to get rid of. He has had the car since 1965, and was hoping to get around to restoring it, but has come to the realization that this isn't going to happen. The car ran when parked (where have I heard this before?!) a few years ago. It is solid, but in need of a complete resto.

Any ideas what it is worth? I think he is hoping for $5K or so.

aeronca65t
aeronca65t None
3/20/08 2:26 p.m.

$5K is a decent deal if it's all there.

These are not that rare. A nice driver can be bought on eBay for around $12 to $15K. (the TCs and TFs are the valuable ones)

If he can buy it for that price and do most of the work himself, it'll be a good investment. If he has to farm out a lot of work, he might just break even in terms of value. As with most things like this, he has to ask himself, "Do I really have the time to do this properly?" That's always the $64,000 question.

Joe Gearin
3/20/08 3:36 p.m.

Sorry for the confusion. My brother has no interest in it. (he's a V8 Musclecar guy)

If anyone here does have interest, let me know. This guy mainly wants to see the car go to a good home.

Joe Gearin
3/21/08 12:36 p.m.

mgamgb,

Please email me and I'll give you the owner's contact info.

Joe@classicmotorsports.net

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
e9Ac8zTNw0EJg2eTXQruA64gMv5hRGTzxnhYqyEydIjrnkywc6uNnaNe8xqZoCBE