secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/31/16 12:19 a.m.

Found one locally that I might be interested in. Owner says it needs a headliner. It has a sunroof. What should this cost to have an upholstery shop replace the headliner? I don't want to DIY because it is a huge piece and my past attempts with other vehicles have not turned out very well. Also, it is hot as crap here and I could see SWMBO taking me out after any attempt that she had to participate in. Is it common for this condition to be a result of the sunroof leaking? Are there easily fixed solutions if it is related to the sunroof leaking? Please learn me...

Danny Shields
Danny Shields GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/31/16 7:36 a.m.

We have a local father-son team that works out of a van and replaces headliners right in your driveway. Costs about $150, looks factory, has held up fine for five years or so.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/31/16 8:16 a.m.

In reply to Danny Shields:

That's a pretty good business idea.

pjbgravely
pjbgravely Reader
8/1/16 9:23 p.m.

Sun roofs always leak. They have drain routes, and when they get plugged water will leak into the car. Compressed air and/or wire should clean out the drains.

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture Dork
8/3/16 1:43 a.m.

You'd think after a 100 years or so, GM would figure out a Headliner that doesn't fall apart after 6 years...

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/3/16 6:06 a.m.
BobOfTheFuture wrote: You'd think after a 100 years or so, GM would figure out a Headliner that doesn't fall apart until after the warranty runs out...

FTFY. I bet GM can tell you, almost to the day, when the headliner in their cars will fail. They have no interest in building a car that lasts forever.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pBoNVDirF9IcxHW0qiCmKm5Kf2XxLNcLnficg9dmkSxv6kdNosL56g7KMRUoglSi