The Staff of Motorsport Marketing
The Staff of Motorsport Marketing Writer
9/10/20 9:06 a.m.

[Editor's note: This article originally ran in the June 2010 issue of Grassroots Motorsports.]

Story by Liz Miles

Looking to build a car from the ground up? Finally ready to take the plunge and turn your own ideas into a four-wheeled creation? While every great car contains equal parts sweat and inspiration, you’ll also need something to help with the design, fabrication and actual assembly process. In addition to a dollar and a dream, a couple of well-chosen tools will help turn those automotive wishes into reality.

Read the rest of the story

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/10/20 9:13 a.m.

Wait, is that a chopped mid engine rwd HHR?

ShawneeCreek (Forum Supporter)
ShawneeCreek (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
9/10/20 9:59 a.m.

That's what it looks like. Interesting...

It might be this one

stylngle2003
stylngle2003 Reader
9/10/20 10:10 a.m.

In reply to Patrick (Forum Supporter) :

yep

https://www.autoblog.com/2006/08/15/gm-cars-set-records-crash-at-bonneville-speed-week/

crashed north of 240mph, but had a RWD ecotec making 800-1000hp

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/10/20 10:16 a.m.

I'm going to strongly disagree with the tubing notcher and pneumatic rivet gun. How can you have an article with "must have" tools and then say "yeah, other tools can do the same thing but this one makes it easier".

Plus I once saw Andrew nelson make perfect tube notches in a parking lot with an angle grinder on a 100ft extension cord. 

drock25too
drock25too Reader
9/10/20 10:20 a.m.

I saw this one in town last week. 

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
9/10/20 10:50 a.m.

Since that name stood for Heritage High Roof, it may just be an H at this point.

Our Preferred Partners
Fcfox8m4drsNQAavg5G7Fd2ox0RsFMrLvv8ZwVPZxhwdBZc6LN6ZGgOpPUQXHyIb