Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
6/12/19 7:30 p.m.

As in that’s what the silver turbo 1zz/c60 trd lsd) streetcar weighed today on my new race scales with the fuel light on. Then I deleted the evap system cause I wanna see 18- something on my 2000 model year daily driver . 56.4% rear weight bias. Super happy with that result. Cant wait to finish the commute attack car and get it on the scales. 

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
6/12/19 7:31 p.m.

That thing has to be a nuclear bomb!

Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
6/12/19 7:45 p.m.

In reply to dculberson :

It runs good. I raced two cars this year that I think are good bench marks:

1st was a audi rs3, from a dead stop, he pulled me to 60 and I passsed him by 100

2nd was a 18 mustang coyote, from a roll I pulled him pretty easily. 

Its not a drag car by any stretch of the imagination but it pulls hard enough to be entertaining and on 225 square rival s 1.5s it handles and stops otherworldly. It’s engaging a/f and gets 30mpg beating it like a rented mule. For the short money that I’m into it for, it’s perfection. Don’t forget, this is a year round Massachusetts dd, it gets snow tires and works great!

Can’t weight (pun intended) to see what the exotic materials laden one with turbo 2zzge and even more rubber, rigidity, fancy dampers, brakes, etc. is like! 

Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
6/12/19 7:48 p.m.

The only time it feels lacking to me is at high speeds where aero drag cancels the weight advantage. And any time I drive it back to back with my ducati 1198, that stupid thing makes everything feel glacial to me lol. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
6/12/19 8:12 p.m.

From the title, I was not familiar with the 1936 MR2. Sure, the 1986 but not 1936. I assumed a typo. 

Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
6/12/19 8:14 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Yea, figured it’d be cryptic and confusing. Just having some fun. 

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
6/12/19 8:16 p.m.
Carbon said:

In reply to John Welsh :

So you are saying it was click bait.  

Have you also changed the seats and steering wheel?  

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
6/12/19 8:23 p.m.

TITTYWOP!!!!!!

Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
6/12/19 9:19 p.m.
alfadriver said:
Carbon said:

In reply to John Welsh :

So you are saying it was click bait.  

Have you also changed the seats and steering wheel?  

I suppose so lol. 

Seats are stock, no srs, suede momo. No radio, no p/s, no a/c, no center radio support (adds leg room at the cost of minimal torsional stiffness, at least it seemed minimal to me). No frunk surround but yes frunk bin, no antenna, no rear compartment plastic, stock soft top, still has carpet (if that’s what you want to call it, its so thin). Haas turbo setup with no cats. 

Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
6/13/19 2:11 a.m.

Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
6/13/19 2:12 a.m.

Not thrilled about corner weights, thinking I might swap rear springs from one side to the other to see if that helps. Teins on konis. 

NickD
NickD PowerDork
6/13/19 5:16 a.m.

Have briefly ridden in said car while it drifted the entire Lime Rock autocross course. Can confirm it is a rocket ship.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
6/13/19 6:19 a.m.

In reply to Carbon :

It would be interesting to weigh the seats- I've been told by many interior people that stock seats are really heavy.  Given that it's a very common swap in SP, so much so that they have a 15lb lower limit on the system- that may be you next easiest place to lose weight.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
6/13/19 6:33 a.m.

What wheels are you running? 

Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
6/13/19 9:16 a.m.

I'm sure there's some weight to be lost in the stock seats. 

Running 15x7.5 work emotions with 225/45/15 rival s 1.5s.

Thanks for the kind words Nick. It was a fun day. 

buzzboy
buzzboy HalfDork
6/13/19 8:11 p.m.

I would like to ride in or drive another rocket ship. Every now and again it's fun to drive something truly terrifyingly fast. The only real rocket I've driven was a 697whp Termi.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oKd82jFtfUrTNwp9qInnVkQrrihmWpOE1BWyOCZoWDxvvlfbh0xr8wG7y9LZKblD