1 2
irish44j
irish44j UltraDork
3/3/13 12:42 p.m.

interesting about the bread truck, I'll relay.

I think the plan is an auction eventually, but no idea when/if that will happen. There's way more stuff than you can see, plus all my Aunt's vintage collectibles and stuff in the very large farm house.

I'm just marketing a few items that I think people might be interested in that are "worth something" so to say, whether for monetary value or just for coolness value.

Will keep everyone posted though.

irish44j
irish44j UltraDork
3/3/13 12:43 p.m.
Junkyard_Dog wrote: That bread van should bring in some good money. Aluminium body gives it good scrap value, but its actually worth more as a food truck. When I sold my P30 I had calls from as far away as California (I'm in Louisville)!

let's just say it runs and drives. What are they worth?

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/4/13 5:39 a.m.

Irish, what's the big box to the left of the Van?

Powar
Powar Dork
3/4/13 12:04 p.m.

Oh, man. I'd love to have that Cadillac, but I hardly have room for the one massive one that I have now.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/4/13 9:37 p.m.
irish44j wrote:
Junkyard_Dog wrote: That bread van should bring in some good money. Aluminium body gives it good scrap value, but its actually worth more as a food truck. When I sold my P30 I had calls from as far away as California (I'm in Louisville)!
let's just say it runs and drives. What are they worth?

that doesn't look like an aluminum one, look at obvious rust.

around here in that condition, if it does run and drive and doesn't need tires, it's a grand tops. nice ones go for 2-3k

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse Dork
3/2/15 6:55 a.m.

What's the update here? The Caddy (or anything else) ever sell? This looks like it would be an awesome auction.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/2/15 7:35 a.m.
nepa03focus wrote: It looks like one of those places that American pockets go to. I'm sure there's some great stuff there or stuff that can be made into great stuff.

As in the pick the pockets of the people they do business with? I use to like that show but then I realized it was all about screwing all those nice people. Kind of took the fun out of that show for me.

As for the Cadi I would just drive it and see what happens. If it ahs only been of the road a couple of years not to much should be wring with it. Just be carful at first. Maybe put it on a lift and inspect the brake lines.

I had a couple 98 regencys of slightly later vintage (both with big blocks) and they were great vehicles. always thought it fun that they had both a alternator and a generator.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/2/15 7:53 a.m.

Giant and Caddy are redundant.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CbF9LrG37f7uGIfRqBIlmdWLEDBe5rmJpE19ektIw75D9ucY8XoSL8bFpkoD1esu