jacksonc
jacksonc
6/23/19 5:01 p.m.

I am trying to I I Can't seem to find this rear window/vinyl top corner rubber/vinyl molding/trim piece for a 1985 Buick LeSabre Limited Collectors Edition- any one have any ideas where to go? been hard to find anything so far- Thanks- Jackson 

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed UltraDork
6/23/19 5:12 p.m.

That's a tough one. Even if you could find it in a salvage yard it would likely be as bad or worse than what you already have.  You would want a new one so I would try Buick/GM for starters  to see if they still source parts like that for that year/model, or the usual places like Rock Auto etc. Next would be Buick car clubs or collector sites like Hemmings. Good luck. 

Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Digital Editor
6/23/19 5:37 p.m.

Yeah, that's a tough one. I don't believe the Collector's Edition had anything special about the vinyl top and subsequent bottom mouldings, so there's a chance one from any 77-85 should work. Of course finding them is getting tougher. There are some b-body-specific forums out there, so I'd try there, first. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
6/23/19 8:50 p.m.

In reply to jacksonc :

Are you going for Concourse style restoration or just nice?  Is there any similarity to Cadillac offering of the same period? I ask because I can see where there may be few Buick collectors/restorers but I bet there are many for Cadillac.  

Even if the Cadillac is not identical, maybe it can be adapted.  

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit SuperDork
6/23/19 9:34 p.m.

Try the local sunroof shop, they use to install the tops back in the day, they might be able to get the parts you need.

Paul B

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qIAYyJBdX5OoLKBUBIQ53jMWlK4pMBKrtfKFy3QurrUESWdopolwCYOqM63iL1p1