1 2
Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
6/3/12 5:48 p.m.

About the PTC Turbo/GT motor: that's the one that a Liberty bellhousing will turn into a RWD, right?

tuna55
tuna55 UltraDork
6/3/12 6:27 p.m.
Hoop wrote: No one's mentioned the horrendous turning radius? Seriously, it's bad. My '96 LHS has a better turning radius. Hell, I am quite certain that my `88 Caprice wagon does as well.

It is fairly bad. True.

asetech
asetech GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/3/12 7:33 p.m.

The turnig radius isn't that bad on ALL of them. There are two different steering knuckle designs, with different positions for the outer tie rod pivot. The one with the hole closer to the inside edge of the knuckle turns sharper but is rare, and there's no way to tell which cars have it without actually looking. I've been looking for a set of these for my Srt-4, but so far have had no luck!

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 Dork
6/3/12 7:43 p.m.

In reply to Hoop: See my post above. I thought it turned like a vehicle twice its size. In other words, Sucks.

Vigo
Vigo SuperDork
6/3/12 7:43 p.m.
I like this idea - does it keep the ride height the same?

It would drop it a bit. <2" is my guess.

tuna55
tuna55 UltraDork
6/3/12 7:55 p.m.
Vigo wrote:
I like this idea - does it keep the ride height the same?
It would drop it a bit. <2" is my guess.

Consider me looking now - that sounds fun - it handles pretty good now, that would make it more interesting.

Hoop
Hoop SuperDork
6/3/12 8:21 p.m.
asetech wrote: The turnig radius isn't that bad on ALL of them. There are two different steering knuckle designs, with different positions for the outer tie rod pivot. The one with the hole closer to the inside edge of the knuckle turns sharper but is rare, and there's no way to tell which cars have it without actually looking. I've been looking for a set of these for my Srt-4, but so far have had no luck!

Good to know. The two my ex's family had were both of the battleship variety.

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
6/3/12 9:52 p.m.

Mileage is the only thing keeping me out of one. Coming from 30+ mixed in my neon, I can't take the mileage hit with out either the AWD I would get in a Forester, or the space of a minivan.

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 UltraDork
6/3/12 10:24 p.m.

I have a good friend with a PT turbo with all kinds of suspension work and something or other done to the ECU to make it go faster. He absolutely loves it.

I try, I really do. It just doesn't do it for me. I'd like to like it, but I just don't. If you don't have the same reaction to it I do, then go for it. It is pretty darn fast and handles okay, I guess.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nXQVOequy6Pixdsrxypvyzws9I6z3OYLtpZ4nxuBdY7Fxebt3Q0cqHlCvjrJISRM