924guy
924guy HalfDork
10/1/08 12:38 p.m.

well, um, yeah... The g/f and I will be there friday only, we figured we could still have a team, were calling it team Spectator! We may be available with the appropriate bribe,( coffee,beer or food are pretty much shoo ins ) to stand around an actual event car and make it appear as if you have a team larger than it really is, and for a small additional compensation, actually cheer you on....

Just kidding of course...maybe...

Anyone who also would like to be a part of team spectator!, will of coarse be welcome to join us, no bribes necessary. We should be easy to find, short graying guy and a blond chick, well be driving up in the Vehicross..see you there!

Eric....

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
10/1/08 1:01 p.m.

I may be in.

Me plus 4 members of my clan.

Shall we bring our pom-poms and color coordinated grass skirts?

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
10/1/08 1:02 p.m.

3 nights ago my little boy was saying his bedtime prayers, "Please God, don't let Daddy be a spectator".

Now here I am.

problemaddict
problemaddict New Reader
10/1/08 2:56 p.m.

I, for one, would love to have the support of Team Spectator's Special Documentary Division (picture and video taking). Since i am a single-person team, its kinda hard to get good videos and pix of oneself in action...

I'll stock up on the coffee, beer, and food. As if that wouldn't happen anyway!

924guy
924guy HalfDork
10/1/08 5:36 p.m.

be glad to help out with pics and vid.

Ill do poms poms, but I swore id never do the grass skirt thing (again! .)

problemaddict
problemaddict New Reader
10/1/08 5:38 p.m.

Oh, and if anyone on Team Spectator has a spare helmet they could bring, i seem to have forgotten mine at home. L or XL, i've got a fat noggin.

Thanks!@!!!

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Production Editor
10/1/08 6:19 p.m.

I love this. Your enthusiastic support of Project Berzerkeley won't go unnoticed.

SpeedTheory
SpeedTheory GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/1/08 6:27 p.m.

ProblemAddict: I'll bring mine. May not be big enough, but email me ryandavies@gmail.com and I'll get it to you. My "real" helmet is off at the painter's right now but I've got an older SoloII helmet (M2000) you can use. Or maybe you'll just let me autocross the car for you, promising a better time ;).

SpeedTheory
SpeedTheory GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/1/08 6:28 p.m.

Also, hit me at the same email about videotaping/pics, I'll be there for that as well.

jrao83
jrao83 New Reader
10/1/08 7:15 p.m.

Are we able to bring things like beer, soda and food out to this event? Also how much if anything to get in to watch?

924guy
924guy HalfDork
10/2/08 8:49 a.m.
jrao83 wrote: Are we able to bring things like beer, soda and food out to this event? Also how much if anything to get in to watch?

I certainly hope so, otherwise it will be a very thirsty day.... free to spectate from all ive read on here, but this is my first grm event, so it might be safer to to wait until someone who knows what their talking about responds.... Were going just for the hell of it, figured even if we didnt get the car done, at least we can enjoy everyone elses .

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Production Editor
10/2/08 8:52 a.m.
jrao83 wrote: Are we able to bring things like beer, soda and food out to this event? Also how much if anything to get in to watch?

You can see everything but the judges deliberation and any "special" bribery sessions. Tickets for the awards banquet are 50 bucks and (I think) full, but there are people selling their tickets elsewhere on the board. Outside food and drink is A-Ok.

mikephilpott
mikephilpott
10/2/08 3:10 p.m.

Anyone know if tickets are available for the social event on Friday night (not the awards banquet on Saturday) and if so, how much are they?

Thanks!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1bxbnSI1Z0GG81KS989AfVVNMxmX0bMdifVOEDAEvduK0tI9TtzWII8f7ELHuagl