junkbuggie
junkbuggie New Reader
7/18/09 11:47 p.m.

I would very much like to experience the 2009 challenge but a few things are stopping me I was wondering if any one had the answers. I have a 96 ranger that I bought for $1000 I have since put brakes and a tie rod on it, but because I did not think about entering the challenge with it I have no documents on any of it. The question is how do go about valuing this thing do I just guess on how much I have spent and go from there? Or do I go with kelly blue book for a 96 ranger in good condition I think I saw $1250?

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/19/09 6:18 a.m.

Did you register the truck? If so, did you have to provide a title and/or bill of sale? Was the sales price listed there? That would be your starting point.

If not, one of the standard methods for documentation is to find local ads for the same vehicle in similar condition. Craiglist and completed auctions on ebay are a good place.

And receipts for the parts you just installed, if you have them. If they are used or junkyard parts, again, put together ads for comparable parts in comparable condition.

zoomx2
zoomx2 Reader
7/19/09 9:25 a.m.

Or here's another idea for 'ya..............

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/any-challenge-spectators-up-for-forming-a-cheap-te/11416/page1/

We have 7, do I hear 8?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sQ9tR2PjQoPxeCl0oN9aBr77he1rx3A75mItTG9llI28BoTFvIBLzBhTVjz896Qw