aussiesmg MegaDork
11/24/09 6:18 p.m.
feature_image

This will be my next work car if I can wrangle it, downunder rules

Read the rest of the story

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/24/09 10:48 p.m.

My father's company just bought a bunch of G8's as company cars for their sales managers. No excuse not to be on the road now! (wait till they see the fuel bill!)

tuna55
tuna55 UltimaDork
11/25/09 6:50 a.m.

Just another example of how GM has great engineers and a terrible marketing and executive departments

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UberDork
11/25/09 8:12 a.m.

This has got to be a rule written down somewhere in GM's bureaucrazy somewhere: You must cancel anything as soon as the engineering staff gets it right, in order to create a cult classic and seal its reputation forever. Examples:

• Fiero
  • Buick Grand National
  • Firebird (LS1 Trans Am)
  • Caprice / Impala SS
  • And now, the G8.
nowucme
nowucme None
11/25/09 8:46 p.m.

4050 lbs! Even our cars are obese!

miwifri
miwifri New Reader
12/11/09 9:21 a.m.

Another good car goes away. Long suffering American car fans have one more thing to cry about.

Loving these lil roadsters
Loving these lil roadsters New Reader
2/24/12 11:28 a.m.

Man when will GM open their eyes, this car was a home run! And some guy with a pen said nope gotta let it go, probably never even drove one, I have a G8 GXP with the t-56 as a DD. that guy has to be an idiot!

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter PowerDork
12/10/13 12:00 a.m.

Poor Pontiac. Not only is GM pulling the plug, but in the last year they have released two of their coolest cars: the hardtop Solstice and the V8-powered G8 GXP.

Sure, the G8 comes from the land Down Under, but it's got two things that are as American as apple pie: rear-wheel drive and a honking V8 under the hood. Our test car even came with a six-speed transmission--a real, live manual six-speed transmission.

Combine that with a 6.2-liter LS3 and the G8's already capable RWD platform and you've got a car that fully lives up to Pontiac's "We build excitement" slogan. Too bad it will be gone so soon.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ufoOvS515kx8eqyVA5JDl4Riw8eg8VFIh5lRTjl4juWjGXq8LDuzb8jHb4jj8gFJ