joey48442
joey48442 UberDork
10/9/08 10:44 a.m.
feature_image

My mother has leased a new Vibe. It has the 2.4, though it isn't the GT model. Nice, roomy, and lots of cargo space. She likes it. Also, on her very first tank of gas, mostly city, with a autotragic trans, she got 27 mpg. Not bad for the first tank. I think it will get into the 30s on …

Read the rest of the story

jezeus
jezeus Reader
10/12/08 10:06 p.m.

Are these the correct pictures? I thought 09 was redesigned?

4eyes
4eyes Dork
9/2/09 2:16 a.m.

has this got the same 2.4 as the Scion? If so, has anyone put the supercharger on one?

Tom Heath
Tom Heath UberDork
12/10/13 12:00 a.m.

Fresh for the 2009 model year, the Toyota Corolla Matrix XRS is evidence of the new car market's changing landscape. This Matrix has grown a bit bigger than the earlier models, and for the most part we liked the added utility of the expanded cabin.

Aside from the sheet metal, the most noticeable update is the new driveline. It features the same 2.4-liter engine found in the Camry. This new engine doesn't offer the high-rpm zing of the early model, replacing it with adequate torque. The new configuration makes the 2009 Matrix a whole lot easier to hustle along than the last model we tried, but it doesn't quite match the sporting capability of a Mazda 3 or base MINI Clubman.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wBdopJadSYnrNreBAAMh6WfljM79Ps4eiISxEvrDNlrCMGwU0NshvrNFRSrHAFnR