Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/13/09 6:26 p.m.
feature_image

3.5L inline 4?!!!??! Really?

Read the rest of the story

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder PowerDork
4/14/09 8:03 a.m.

JG is very fond of hyperbole. The Venza we tested stickered for 38,305. It was top-o-the-line. It had the 4300 premium package and the 2600 nav system. Our local Toyota dealer has a bunch of more basic V6 AWD ones for the low-mid 30s.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath UberDork
4/14/09 8:18 a.m.

Not a 4, it's a V6. Same thing happened with the Ford Flex review. It's fixed now, but something must be happening with the data when the form goes live.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/14/09 8:47 a.m.

OK, wow, that makes a lot more sense. I'm glad the review is so positive because this is the first remotely stylish car Toyota has done in awhile. I love the panoramic roof.

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder PowerDork
4/14/09 3:11 p.m.

I really like them, I'd rock one as a DD, if I didn't already decide that I needed more of a minivan.

Dav
Dav Reader
4/20/09 10:01 p.m.

I agree with the review. A coworker of mine just bought one--he paid $10,000 more than I just paid for a new 4x4, double-cab, 5.7L, Toyota Tundra. Granted, the Venza has a nicer interior and a few foo-foo options that I personally don't care about, but it illustrates the price issue.

ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/23/09 5:13 a.m.

I'd like one with a 4-cylinder, manual combo.

belteshazzar
belteshazzar UberDork
4/24/09 2:28 p.m.

THIRTY EIGHT HUNDRED AND HOW MANY POUNDS?!?

Tom Heath
Tom Heath UberDork
12/10/13 12:00 a.m.

Now that SUVs are synonymous with the devil, crossover vehicles have become the weapon of choice for soccer moms everywhere. Toyota's latest entry seems to have been built just for these über-consumers.

While the Venza's styling bridges the gap between wagon and SUV, the look is decidedly more car than truck. However, the elevated seating position and 3500-pound towing capacity offer a nice transition for car shoppers who are trading in their small SUVs.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JkI84alAPMoY24tZx1O9J1kLu3a3SYvqRVPeLh54MPdaCplWMO8gDs5218cpzG0v