Big_Foot None
Aug. 2, 2009 12:01 p.m.

Hi Guys,

Not sure if I'm in the right forum or not for this post - if not, mods please forgive and move to the appropriate area...

One of our customers is having us build a new (and I mean NEW) racecar for him and I thought I would post a link to the website here in case you were interested in watching Carriage House Custom Automotive's website and build progress..

This is going to be an exceptionally nice racecar that's being built to run in NASA's American Iron series. Hopefully we'll be able to get Homologation into the SCCA's American Sedan class as well..

Transformer's Bumblebee on the track? Well the neighborhood kids think that's what we're doing..

http://www.CarriageHouseCustoms.com Click on the Yellow Camaro..

We are weighing all the components of this car and will post an updated spreadsheet to the website soon.

Just a for instance -

The car with 3/4 tank of fuel weighed in at 3840#

The rear suspension and differential minus the rear springs/shocks but including the carriage weighed 390# - 90# of that alone was the carriage!

The Tremec TR6060 weighed in at 156# BTW - Did you know that it shares the same fluid as the power steering system? That's how the transmission fluid is re-circulated through the cooler built into the radiator.

More later..

Aug. 2, 2009 6:23 p.m.

sounds intresting

irish44j New Reader
Aug. 2, 2009 7:39 p.m.

will be interested in watching the build...

Jamesc2123 New Reader
Aug. 2, 2009 9:20 p.m.

Is it just me who can't see any pictures or a link to the build? I'd love to see this build in progress...

dean1484 Dork
Aug. 2, 2009 10:07 p.m.

It takes a little looking around and you actually have to read some things that I missed on the first pass over the page. Here is the link directly to the blog of the build.

http://www.carriagehousecustoms.com/CHCA/2010-SS/2010-SS.html

MrJoshua SuperDork
Aug. 2, 2009 10:15 p.m.
Jamesc2123 wrote: Is it just me who can't see any pictures or a link to the build? I'd love to see this build in progress...

Not just you-I dont see any pics at all on the site. Just some text. Firefox

Big_Foot New Reader
Aug. 3, 2009 8:17 a.m.

Hmmm....

I checked the site with both IE and Firefox v3.5x on a Windows Vista system and they both worked fine. I'm on a Mac and use Safari and FireFox - both work well..

I dunno what the problem might be.. Please try your reload/refresh button. If that doesn't work, please let me know what OS and Version you're running and what Browser and version please... I will check with tech support to find out why it's not working for you..

Regards - Randy

alfadriver HalfDork
Aug. 3, 2009 8:32 a.m.

Pretty cool build. Will be interesting to keep tabs on it.

joey48442 SuperDork
Aug. 3, 2009 9:18 a.m.
Big_Foot wrote: Hmmm.... I checked the site with both IE and Firefox v3.5x on a Windows Vista system and they both worked fine. I'm on a Mac and use Safari and FireFox - both work well.. I dunno what the problem might be.. Please try your reload/refresh button. If that doesn't work, please let me know what OS and Version you're running and what Browser and version please... I will check with tech support to find out why it's not working for you.. Regards - Randy

Awesome build! Same problem for me, though, Firefox on Vista wont work, but IE on Vista worked fine...

Joey

Big_Foot New Reader
Aug. 3, 2009 6:31 p.m.

In reply to joey48442:

Joey - What version of FireFox are you running?

Can you see any of the graphics on this page;

http://www.GT-Forty.com ??

Guys - I've got some pictures of the roll cage that I'll be putting up tonight if I can get the chance..

MrJoshua SuperDork
Aug. 3, 2009 7:50 p.m.

I can't see the first page, can see GT-forty.

Vista64

Firefox 3.0.10

AVG

Aug. 5, 2009 9:55 p.m.

sweet! thanks for posting here!

confuZion3 SuperDork
Aug. 5, 2009 10:16 p.m.

Very cool. I really like the Camaro. I'm excited to see how it does as a race car.

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

Tonight on Grassroots Motorsports LIVE! Lee Grimes of Koni Shocks

17 hours ago in News

This may shock you, but suspension is arguably the most important part of going fast.

Classic Motorsports Monterey Welcome Party Welcomes 2000-Plus Gearheads

23 hours ago in Articles

Last night we threw a party, and more than 2000 people came to celebrate.

We're Back In Monterey for Car Week

1 day ago in News

And so it begins, another trip to Monterey Car Week.

Deal of the Month: Free Trackside Companion!

1 day ago in News

Ever wished you had a handy guide on how to dial in your alignment or adjust your dampers?

This Tuesday: Join Us at Track Night in America

2 days ago in News

This Tuesday we'll be running at Palm Beach International Raceway

Experience Monterey With Us

2 days ago in News

We're on our way out to Monterey, California, for car week.

Concours d’Lemons to Ruin Monterey Car Week Yet Again

2 days ago in News

What started as the anti-concours has transformed into a major event on the Monterey Car Week schedule.

Tomorrow, August 15: Join our Monterey Kickoff Cruise-In

2 days ago in News

Our Monterey welcome party is taking over all of downtown Pacific Grove.

Vintage Views: Classic Mini

5 days ago in Articles

Turn heads, have jolly good fun.

You Need This: Toyota With Rally Pedigree

5 days ago in News

Who can say no to a turbocharger and all-wheel drive?

Join Our Monterey Kickoff Cruise-In at Pacific Grove on Tuesday, August 15

5 days ago in News

Our Monterey welcome party is taking over all of downtown Pacific Grove.

You Need This: J. Geils's Maserati Sebring, Some Assembly Required

6 days ago in News

A rock star project will be auctioned off in Monterey next week.

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
VPMQ5qQtGecyC9fmPAJxxdEWgwRdN8Gn