MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UberDork
9/12/11 10:37 a.m.
feature_image

I thought Honda's "trucks" were somewhat Accord based to start with?

Read the rest of the story

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
9/13/11 12:59 p.m.

"Truck based"? You fell for that BS line? It's Based off the current MDX, which is based off the current Odyssey platform. Crosstour and ZDX are same platform, I don't care what BS the marketing types told you.

tuna55
tuna55 UltimaDork
9/14/11 11:04 a.m.

Whoa, 50k? You could buy a whole lot for that, or 25 challenge cars. Even if it was useful (it isn't) or nice looking (it isn't) or fast (it isn't) or super comfortable (it isn't) or efficient (it isn't) there are a slew of other cars out there who could do it better for that price.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
9/16/11 6:35 a.m.

Apparently Acura saw the BMW X6 and decided they needed a bloated and useless sport-crossover as well...

DaewooOfDeath
DaewooOfDeath Dork
9/25/11 11:01 a.m.

When an X6 just isn't pointless enough. Ick.

integraguy
integraguy UltraDork
9/25/11 12:06 p.m.

i saw one of these up close this morning, and right behind it was an Acura RSX. It ALMOST looked like a metal "duck" being followed by a metal "duckling". Oddly, the RSX looked like it had about as much cargo carrying capabilities as the bigger ZDX, the only difference being the (vestigial?) rear doors on the bigger vehicle.

Will someone tell the designers at Japanese car companies that there is a difference between "a striking design" and "a totally ridiculous design"? In Europe, Hyundai sells a "wagon" version of the new Sonata that would make mincement of this joke on 4 wheels.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/10/13 12:00 a.m.

It's a car! it's a truck! It's a fastback! Okay, what is it? Welcome the Acura ZDX, a sporty crossover-type thing from Honda's luxury division.

No, it's not the Acura version of the Honda Odyssey Crosstour. They may share the same fastback styling, but they're based on different platforms. The Crosstour is an oversized Accord, while the ZDX is truck-based.

The ZDX starts south of $50,000, and all models come standard with a 3.7-liter V6 backed by a six-speed automatic. Our test car was the fairly loaded Advanced model.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hwcObArWFuN9pJGjpLZikHpeyHqtPZUwrX1NbyUN5qg8sos4uR5vAlfHMc02EApV