David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/11/10 4:37 p.m.

Isn't this how the Wartburg project got started?

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=147871125256554&id=371934241310

Platinum90
Platinum90 SuperDork
10/11/10 4:55 p.m.

I am submitting my entry this evening.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/11/10 5:32 p.m.

May the Force be with you.

JThw8
JThw8 SuperDork
10/11/10 5:55 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: Isn't this how the Wartburg project got started? http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=147871125256554&id=371934241310

Heck its already got a cage, that makes it even easier!

I say patch it up to look good from a distance, pop it on a Jeep frame and watch the Porsche purists go insane.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/11/10 5:59 p.m.

I didn't think about the Jeep frame. I like the way you think, my friend.

JThw8
JThw8 SuperDork
10/11/10 6:46 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: I didn't think about the Jeep frame. I like the way you think, my friend.

And I haven't even been drinking yet. The ideas get better ;)

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
10/11/10 7:16 p.m.
NOTE: All winners are responsible for shipment of car to their desired destination. OFFER VOID WHERE AVAILABLE.
alex
alex Dork
10/11/10 7:20 p.m.

lol wut?

Platinum90
Platinum90 SuperDork
10/11/10 7:35 p.m.

I think they meant offer void where applicable.

Raze
Raze Dork
10/11/10 7:45 p.m.

While I don't know the guys from Misfit Toys Racing, I seriously think ya'll should enter, I mean using the Wartburg as your resume, and the fact you've worked on p(arts)orsches should make you a shoe-in, and since I'll be at $2011, that would be epic to see

peter
peter New Reader
10/11/10 8:09 p.m.

Instead of the Jeep idea, how about the drivetrain from a Yugo... up front? :)

pinchvalve
pinchvalve SuperDork
10/11/10 8:37 p.m.

LT4!

Slyp_Dawg
Slyp_Dawg Reader
10/11/10 10:00 p.m.

VW bug flat 4 with one massive turbo per cylinder, a bus transaxle, VW front suspension and experience gained from FV/FST racers, ???, massive win and awesome and profit?

Vigo
Vigo HalfDork
10/12/10 12:22 a.m.
OFFER VOID WHERE AVAILABLE.

Is that a euphemism for "offer rescinded whenever possible"?

Kompff09
Kompff09 New Reader
10/12/10 12:34 a.m.
Is that a euphemism for "offer rescinded whenever possible"?

Good one.

Mikey52_1
Mikey52_1 Reader
10/12/10 5:16 a.m.
Slyp_Dawg wrote: VW bug flat 4 with one massive turbo per cylinder, a bus transaxle, VW front suspension and experience gained from FV/FST racers, ???, massive win and awesome and profit?

Now you're just getting silly...

littleturquoiseb
littleturquoiseb HalfDork
10/12/10 6:32 a.m.

Its hard to imagine they're scraping it .... it really looks like a lot of good stuff in there .... even just cutting out the tubes and re-using them could be very profitable.

bluej
bluej HalfDork
10/12/10 7:32 a.m.

berkeleying work filters! where is it?

JThw8
JThw8 SuperDork
10/12/10 7:59 a.m.
Slyp_Dawg wrote: experience gained from FV/FST racers

The first bit of experience gained from those folks is a full body is tooo danged heavy, loose it. So that may not apply.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
10/12/10 9:26 a.m.

where do i submit my entry?

JThw8
JThw8 SuperDork
10/12/10 11:40 a.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: where do i submit my entry?

Yeah, I couldnt figure that part out either....but its probably just as well. But if anyone knows tell us anyway ;)

Slyp_Dawg
Slyp_Dawg Reader
10/12/10 8:32 p.m.
Mikey52_1 wrote:
Slyp_Dawg wrote: VW bug flat 4 with one massive turbo per cylinder, a bus transaxle, VW front suspension and experience gained from FV/FST racers, ???, massive win and awesome and profit?

Now you're just getting silly...

that's my specialty!

Platinum90
Platinum90 SuperDork
10/12/10 9:37 p.m.
JThw8 wrote:
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: where do i submit my entry?

Yeah, I couldnt figure that part out either....but its probably just as well. But if anyone knows tell us anyway ;)

It isn't too hard to figure out. I just went to the website for the team and hit the "contact us" button.

Don't you guys know how to use the internet for anything other than GRM and porn?

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/12/10 11:41 p.m.

By the way, I'm planning on visiting BGB Motorsports later this week. Their shop is just a few minutes from here.

captainzib
captainzib HalfDork
10/13/10 1:18 a.m.

I'd find some way to turn it into a bed.

"Your bed is a car."

"Yeah, but it's a f***in sweet car."

Our Preferred Partners
AyLaQO5KzBwiwelyl3qbiwzTYr7o4dyU