integraguy
integraguy UltraDork
1/25/12 1:17 p.m.
feature_image

Come on, "...a re-badged Mazda6" ? Does the Mazda have a 3.5 liter V6? AWD? There is a difference, apparently not much in the writer's eyes, between using the PLATFORM of another vehicle as a "starting point" and taking another vehicle and "just" giving it (slightly?) different sheetmetal. I was under the impression that the Fusion is/was slightly longer and …

Read the rest of the story

nderwater
nderwater PowerDork
1/25/12 8:10 p.m.

I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around the 'Better than: Infiniti G25' - really? Is it just more features, or are the driving dunamics and fit and finish better?

Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Dork
12/10/13 12:00 a.m.

The Fusion was a hit when introduced for the 2006 model year. It was and still is a rebadged Mazda6, but while the Mazda received a platform update for 2009, the Ford marches on with a tweaked and facelifted version of how it was introduced.

Our tester came well equipped in an eye-catching Blue Flame Metallic paint, with coordinated blue dash inserts and interior accent lighting. Power comes from a a Duratec 3.5-liter V6 driving all four wheels through a manually shiftable six-speed automatic trans.

At this price, it comes with more features than our recent Infiniti G25 tester. Blind spot detection, rain-sensing wipers, and navigation. All those dollars don't buy you an upscale name, though.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
I7XaG5C368y93h7G7iAHuTAipGRMn9WkmEsAnrjaGimbXX0d3oHDPY4Bq25EYIEA