Shaun
Shaun HalfDork
9/21/11 11:51 p.m.
feature_image

O.K.. I'll post a response.

WTF. What a retarded car. ?.

121 hp. 3000 lbs?. Fook BMW for trying to hoist this shyt on Americans.

Read the rest of the story

kurtz
kurtz New Reader
9/29/11 11:49 a.m.

I saw one in person recently, its hideous. And what is with the 4 seats? It has an aluminum track running though the cabin!

kanaric
kanaric Dork
1/1/13 4:00 a.m.

Mentioning the turbo charged evo fighting. I don't understand why they don't make a manual trans street version of their rally version of this car. It would be interesting.

This? Even the john cooper works version is garbage.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/10/13 12:00 a.m.

Riding on the back of the diminuitive Cooper’s success, MINI recently expanded its model lineup beyond the extended-wheelbase Cooper Clubman to a full five-door cute ute. Though the Mini Cooper Countryman is substantially larger than its stablemates, it shares the same available drivetrains, adding only an optional all-wheel-drive system to the mix. True to its heritage, the name hearkens back to the Austin Mini Countryman, an extended-wheelbase version of the original.

This model is presumably aimed at those who want the cute cachet of the MINI Cooper, but need more cargo- and kid-hauling space. Despite being considerably larger than the original, though, this mega-MINI is still smaller than a Mazda 3.

Our tester had the base 121-horsepower, 1.6-liter engine and a six-speed transmission, sans AWD. The turbocharged S model packs the punch of an additional 60 horses. We also had about $5000 worth of options on top of the $21,650 base price, including a panoramic sunroof; heated seats, mirrors, and washer jets; and a sport package. That last one installs 18-inch wheels, a rear spoiler, racy hood stripes and sport seats.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JmaLnBUIJU6pZLnP4s7TG2RuzENGthW4FckJFjqjTlQdqGdWO7EkOBcRtllaymxo