evildky
evildky Dork
11/17/11 12:22 p.m.
feature_image

At least the Nismo 370Z adds power over the standard model. I think Nissan got a lot of flack for the Nismo 350Z which had all the other tricks (weight reduction, aero, chassis tuning, suspension) but no additional power.

Read the rest of the story

jstein77
jstein77 SuperDork
11/23/11 10:21 a.m.

I'd like to hear from someone who has actually tracked the car, especially concerning the brakes.

Grantsfo
Grantsfo GRM+ Memberand New Reader
11/29/11 12:24 a.m.

I have tracked the car a couple times. It needs work to be run on the track even in Nismo tri. Needs a big oil cooler, better shocks and springs. I opted for JRZ clubsports coil overs, needs bigger/better front brakes (I use same front brake as grand Am race cars - Brembo race caliper), needs deep sump oil pan with doors to hold oil in the turns and finally it fuel starves on hard right handers with anything less than 3/4 of a tank. Oh and it needs a real LSD. I went with OSGiken

It is very nice handling car. Does 1:44 lap times on Laguna Seca on stock width wheels with DOT R tires. That pretty quick for

Here is my car http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-RMPQT1kGTcw/TaxV7vJwvVI/AAAAAAAAAB8/BZa1u9Z-YXA/s1024/JR1N0711.JPG

Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Dork
12/10/13 12:00 a.m.

The Nismo version of Nissan's 370Z is the same basic car with quite a bit more sex. It's all curves and flares, the kind that makes you want to grab a handful. Big exhaust tips hint at the extra power over the comparatively milquetoast standard car: it boasts almost 20 more horses, for a total of 350.

It's turned on in the places you can't see, also. Nismo, Nissan's performance arm, gave the suspension underneath a complete rework, adding stiffer springs and anti-roll bars, revised damping, more bracing, a viscous limited slip, and—what's this bit of exotica?—a carbon fiber driveshaft.

Presumably to reduce weight, it’s also a stripper—not many standard or optional comfort features here. There's a storage bin where the navigation screen would be, for example, but there are touches to remind you this isn't just a base model. Plenty of real aluminum trim reminds you of its track-ready purpose. Our tester, equipped with the optional Nismo carpeted floor mats ($115) and performance brake pads ($580), checked in at $10,000 over the base Nissan coupe.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YefPtLODaLKsDlw0dwrHIGouSFhNUmZDXZ2vYKTZZhIXoNiTynGCk0WLypUmKrFQ