1 2
mattbatson
mattbatson New Reader
1/6/11 10:38 a.m.

sorry, no edit on this forum.. the above post is copied and pasted from another forum that I post on... this happened a few days ago, so I dont know if daytona mazda has had a chance to update the prices yet.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/6/11 10:43 a.m.

I went through the same questions, and ended up with a great used Kia. Eventually, credit score won out over horsepower or handling.

Strizzo
Strizzo SuperDork
1/6/11 10:47 a.m.
mattbatson wrote: sorry, no edit on this forum.. the above post is copied and pasted from another forum that I post on... this happened a few days ago, so I dont know if daytona mazda has had a chance to update the prices yet.

the edit button is on the row with your username above each post.

i'd file a complaint with the BBB, and it sounds like from your story it could be bait and switch or false advertising, at the very least you might see that a lot of other people have had similar issues and you'll know to steer clear of that dealer for service as well in the future.

mattbatson
mattbatson New Reader
1/6/11 10:53 a.m.
Strizzo wrote:
mattbatson wrote: sorry, no edit on this forum.. the above post is copied and pasted from another forum that I post on... this happened a few days ago, so I dont know if daytona mazda has had a chance to update the prices yet.
the edit button is on the row with your username above each post. i'd file a complaint with the BBB, and it sounds like from your story it could be bait and switch or false advertising, at the very least you might see that a lot of other people have had similar issues and you'll know to steer clear of that dealer for service as well in the future.

Yes, I might do that. Looks like they have raised the prices on their website already. I think we still have the print out though that shows the old prices. I will never do business with that dealer again.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/6/11 10:56 a.m.

In reply to mattbatson:

I'm sorry to hear that, but unfortunately I had nearly the same thing happen to me. Went to a Mazda dealer, handed them the S-Plan # and they came back with garbage. Not as bad as what happened to you though, man that's crappy.

Anyways, Mazda lost two new car sales in the last 2 weeks because of this. Way to treat your customers.

MA$$hole
MA$$hole New Reader
1/6/11 1:05 p.m.

Dealing with Mazda's service department was another deal breaker for me in getting rid of the car. I spent many occasions arguing with them over warranty stuff as well as proper wheel balancing. I knew what I was talking about but they would always to talk to you as if you had an appliance.

My favorite was at 7K I brought the car in to have them fix the windshield rattle under warranty. They said the couldn't find it. At 31k when I brought it to them for a boost leak (boost tube had come loose, they couldn't find that either) they told me all they heard was the windshield rattle. I had some bad words with them. At that point I walked into the Used Car manager's office, got an appraisal & traded the car in a week later.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/6/11 8:15 p.m.

I've now got 48k on MS3. The boost seat is G-O-N-E. It's blowing oil smoke if it idles for more than a minute and a half. I have receipts for the oil changes. Once my Miata is fixed up I'll take the MS3 in and see what warranty coverage I really have.

I'll report back.

Other than this I love my MS3. Fast, decent - not great - mileage, and it's practical as all hell.

But if Mazda screws me on this turbo seal deal, especially after they have a TSB on the problem, I'll trade it and never buy Mazda again.

BradX
BradX New Reader
1/6/11 8:36 p.m.

My buddy has a new Si and to me the car is very boring. The car feels very slow. I have had my 2010 MS3 for almost a year and have had zero problems with it. It is a blast to drive and not one day has gone by that I wish I would have got the WRX.

mndsm
mndsm Dork
1/6/11 9:33 p.m.

Man- all this hate on the mazda dealers, and these guys being douchebags, make me almost ashamed to own one. I can tell ya the mazda dealers in MN have been nothing but exemplary to me, and any of my friends, for both new AND used cars.

FlightService
FlightService Reader
1/6/11 10:15 p.m.

I truly believe the dealership experience is that dealer not the brand. I have seen good and bad in all.

Subie gives a discount if you are a member of certain societies for a few months. I believe the botanical society was the cheapest.

I wouldn't buy new of any of these cars unless it was model year end and the bottom was knocked out of the price. Quick way to get upside down in a hurry.

I think you will be happy with the speed3 or wrx, for even moeny I would wrx it. The triple hoop roll cage structure they put in them are very strong. Rear wheel bearings can be an issue with a sub, just be aware.

Enjoy any of what you get.

MA$$hole
MA$$hole New Reader
1/7/11 7:26 a.m.
FlightService wrote: I truly believe the dealership experience is that dealer not the brand. I have seen good and bad in all.

Exactly, I had excellent service dealing with Mazda's parts department with both my Miata & MS3. Poor service in the service department. The other downside to the MS3 was that the nearest authorized Speed service was 10 miles from home, which wasn't bad. The next closest one was 50 miles. Options were limited.

Javelin
1/7/11 8:43 a.m.

Up here I think it's just all the dealers that suck. Seriously, every one of them is a giant peckerhead. That's why 3 years ago I got pissed off and bought an old cop car in the middle of the night at a gas station from a pothead. At least he was honest!

Maybe I should see if any crack dealers have a wagon for sale...

Buzz Killington
Buzz Killington HalfDork
1/9/11 9:41 p.m.

the S-plan price is a fixed price; it's some set percentage below invoice. the dealer can't mess with it. on occasion you can negotiate a lower price without S-plan, but not on any model i've ever bought.

Ignorant
Ignorant SuperDork
1/10/11 6:01 a.m.

seriously.. You tipped your hand when you went to the dealership and said you were in a hurry..

Leave the kids at home.. Go in say.. I want to buy this car today for $19,600. Sit in front of them until they give it to you..

Javelin
1/10/11 8:45 a.m.
Buzz Killington wrote: the S-plan price is a fixed price; it's some set percentage below invoice. the dealer can't mess with it. on occasion you can negotiate a lower price without S-plan, but not on any model i've ever bought.

The problem is the dealership wasn't actually honoring it. They were just making up some # to use instead of giving me the actual s-plan and using my PIN. They wanted to make more money and not honor the program that was the only reason I would buy a new car (to support Mazda Motorsports).

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/6/11 9:38 p.m.
Xceler8x wrote: I've now got 48k on MS3. The boost seat is G-O-N-E. It's blowing oil smoke if it idles for more than a minute and a half. I have receipts for the oil changes. Once my Miata is fixed up I'll take the MS3 in and see what warranty coverage I *really* have. I'll report back. Other than this I love my MS3. Fast, decent - not great - mileage, and it's practical as all hell. But if Mazda screws me on this turbo seal deal, especially after they have a TSB on the problem, I'll trade it and never buy Mazda again.

The promised follow up.

Dropped the car at the dealership with my oil change receipts. They called me back about two hours later and asked if they could remove the valve cover to check the condition of the engine. I was a bit miffed about that but then thought about my using synth every 5k miles. I knew it was going to be clean inside.

It sure was.

They're covering the turbo. I'm scheduling my service this week. Mazda and I are back in love.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IltAykl05WiM1FksLvsZwHJC4iqW3u7YwA10IL1LUmjXzlaPWUS3SYHvB1jAPPHd