Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter PowerDork
8/15/11 12:32 p.m.
feature_image

An S60 would have already replaced the S40 in my garage if it were just a bit smaller. I'm hoping the next-gen S40 gets a heaping helping of S60-style goodness. In a slightly smaller package, it would be just about perfect.

Read the rest of the story

Shaun
Shaun HalfDork
8/15/11 8:16 p.m.

The current V60 is very very good looking. For me, the whole point of Volvo's is that they are a fast long legged decent handling SUV. It will not be imported into the US. Boo.

ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/18/11 8:55 a.m.

I don't care for the new design language -- it looks to me as if the car has been bent upwards in the middle. Kind of like a cat arching its back. Except it's a Volvo . . .

MattGent
MattGent Reader
8/25/11 11:59 a.m.

I attended the promotional autocross event they had in North Miami. Like the car, handsome, great interior, quality seemed nice. Power and brakes were excellent. However between the automatic and turbo the power response at tip-in made the car useless in an autocross environmnent.

kanaric
kanaric Dork
1/1/13 3:55 a.m.

no more manual option :/

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/10/13 12:00 a.m.

Remember when Volvo built upright, boxy sedans? Those days are becoming a memory, as the company's all-new S60 sports a rounded, softer look--at least by Volvo standards, anyway.

The new S60 is available in three basic flavors:

• The T5 features front-wheel drive and a turbocharged 250-horsepower, 2.5-liter, five-cylinder engine. Prices start at $30,975.

• The T6 AWD, our test car, gets a 300-horsepower, 3.0-liter turbo engine and, as the name suggests, all-wheel drive. It starts at $37,700.

• The R-Design kicks the T6 AWD up a notch, as output is boosted to 325 horsepower along with 354 lb.-ft. of torque. This one starts at $42,275.

Our test car, by the way, wasn't shy regarding the options: $4400 for a Premium Package and Technology Package; $2700 for navigation; and then another $550 for the Vibrant Copper Metallic paint.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NAqFYOAxwftNJaVG3GUfZ9CSOZPqjdzQQ21dj0AwteqRiTkRg4NCav4zU06yj4iq