1 2 3 4 5
Conquest351
Conquest351 Dork
4/20/12 4:17 p.m.
sporqster wrote: In reply to Conquest351: For whatever reason I don't get PM's via this board (weird?) but you can email me moore at ciholas dot com

I hit you up on your facebook page, emailed ya too.

mrwillie
mrwillie HalfDork
4/20/12 4:19 p.m.

Good Job!!! The display look amazing!!

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 SuperDork
4/20/12 4:47 p.m.

I dunno what you're doing there, but I know I like it!

Carry on.

poopshovel
poopshovel PowerDork
4/20/12 4:49 p.m.

That's what the berkeley I'm talkin about!!!

corytate
corytate Dork
4/20/12 7:01 p.m.

GOODLORD

sporqster
sporqster New Reader
4/22/12 9:32 a.m.

Bandwidth exceeded on free website, again :-(

Raze
Raze SuperDork
4/22/12 9:47 a.m.

Too much awesomeness for brain, cannot compute, drooooooool............

T.J.
T.J. UberDork
4/22/12 6:54 p.m.

Keep us posted.

Unfortunately I don't have a facebook account or the required latest version of flash (thanks Steve Jobs), so I cannot look at the video and as others have already said your build log page is dead.

sporqster
sporqster New Reader
4/22/12 8:49 p.m.

put all the pics on photobucket: see http://www.photobucket.com/littlelamborghini the whole mess of 'em hotlinked here.

sporqster
sporqster New Reader
4/24/12 9:18 a.m.

Website http://www.littlelamborghini.com back in business!

ScottRA21
ScottRA21 Reader
4/24/12 9:30 a.m.
sporqster wrote: put all the pics on photobucket: see http://www.photobucket.com/littlelamborghini the whole mess of 'em hotlinked here.

I like where this is going!

unevolved
unevolved Dork
4/24/12 10:13 a.m.

I love the excessive application of engineering. CFD? Why the berkeley not?

corytate
corytate Dork
4/24/12 11:22 a.m.
unevolved wrote: I love the excessive application of engineering. CFD? Why the berkeley not?

I plus 1'd this, just to let you know. I said the same thing to my wife last night lol. It's pretty crazy

sporqster
sporqster New Reader
4/30/12 10:21 a.m.

Tim finished up the controller for the V8 throttle, I did a lot of stuff this weekend, but didn't take a lot of pics of it. Will do a photo update later this week after I get a few things slightly more photogenic. (The fender flares will require some gentle hamering, welding, repeat, bondo, sand, repeat, before showing off)

For those to whom this means anything to:

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/30/12 3:16 p.m.

Your progress is depressing to me... Ugh... I have a lot to do!

Incidently, what did you use for your rendering and CFD?

sporqster
sporqster New Reader
4/30/12 9:02 p.m.

In reply to BradLTL:

Solidworks for both. I was trying to get the car together in time for the BABE so I could complete a 'trifecta'... I've got 4 weeks to drive this thing to New York for the BABE rally leg of the trifecta, so I'm not exactly ahead of schedule!

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade Dork
4/30/12 9:32 p.m.

That's impressive.

Nashco
Nashco UltraDork
5/1/12 8:20 p.m.

I'm seriously interested to see how the throttle control develops. I'm not much of an electronics whiz, but I really want to figure out a good way to bias power between front and rear with a throttle-by-wire setup. I dreamed of having a few additional inputs (yaw, steer angle) and making a poor man's yaw control for my $2009 Fiero, which would be applicable to any dual engine/motor monstrosity, of course. My big problem was that I couldn't find a DIY TBW setup that was remotely close to cheap.

Keep us posted!

Bryce

AutoXR
AutoXR HalfDork
5/1/12 8:33 p.m.

Seeing cars like this makes the drive worth while

sporqster
sporqster New Reader
5/3/12 9:58 a.m.

Worked on the fender some this morning. A bit rough, but with some imagination I can see race car.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
5/3/12 10:29 a.m.

the flares just look soooo right with those 'stang wheels...nice work!

sporqster
sporqster New Reader
5/9/12 10:15 a.m.

Here’s the preliminary layout for the dashboard Paul Blaylock has begun to lay out. The box with the knobs at the top is the ‘Mega Throttle Instruction Module’ AKA MegaTIM, the brainchild of Tim ‘The Wizard’ Black. This controls the rear throttle, and in effect, torque bias.

The other switches are main kill, spark and fuel kills for both engine A and engine B, transmission control push buttons for selecting D4 or N on the rear tranny, and driver comfort switches – A/C, fan, or AC/DC via stereo.

I don’t know what two of the buttons do… maybe rockets? Deploy in flight refueling nozzle?

Conquest351
Conquest351 Dork
5/9/12 11:30 a.m.

This is close to the coolest thing ever. Almost as cool as that AWD Geo with the motorcycle engine. They're a damn close tie.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce Reader
5/9/12 12:11 p.m.

This is like watching the automotive equivalent of The Astronaut Farmer
I love it.

Sky_Render
Sky_Render Reader
5/9/12 12:24 p.m.

My first thought was "Why?!" And then the answer occurred to me:

"Why not?!"

Also, "Because Racecar."

1 2 3 4 5