Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Associate Editor
8/22/12 3:38 p.m.

That's right, prize money. Dollars. In your pocket. eBay Motors be makin' it rain for all y'all.

If you win the Challenge, eBay Motors will give you a hundred bones. But that's the small-fry prize. There will be a random drawing for the big bucks at the Challenge. Any team in attendance is eligible to win a $2012 eBay Motors merchandise credit. Scrounge up some couch change and you've got the entire build budget for a car for next year.

Srsly.

So, how's that build coming?

Don't forget to sign up, fill out your forms, pay your fees and so on. Go here: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/events/2012challenge/

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
8/22/12 3:41 p.m.

Entry form still not working for me.

Nashco
Nashco UltraDork
8/22/12 3:44 p.m.

Holy crap! Nice to see some dollaz for the winners! To clarify, is the "drawing" like a one-per-car-entered kind of thing, or is it for everybody in attendance? The way you worded it above sounds like everybody present can enter.

Unfortunately, I hadn't planned on coming this year...tough to justify coming from the West Coast. Hopefully I'll be returning next year to keep my odd-years theme going.

Bryce

92CelicaHalfTrac
8/22/12 3:45 p.m.

Nevermind we're good now. What's the deadline for entry?

Alan Cesar
8/22/12 3:55 p.m.

Deadline for entry is September 14, about two weeks prior to the event.

92CelicaHalfTrac
8/22/12 3:59 p.m.

Excellent thank you sir.

miatame
miatame HalfDork
8/22/12 8:14 p.m.

I paid online an sent an email with my info...anyway to check and see if everything is a-ok?

ratghia
ratghia Reader
8/22/12 8:23 p.m.

Now I need to go. I've had great luck with prize drawings (2 slot car tracks and a BMW Motoraports jacket) in the past.

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/22/12 10:05 p.m.

Ho-le-chit! That adds some fun :D

Well played GRM, well played. claps

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette SuperDork
8/23/12 7:04 a.m.

Spread the wealth EBAY buy a keg of beer

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
8/23/12 7:27 a.m.

Nice work GRM peeps...seriously, thats pretty friggin cool.

Alan Cesar
8/23/12 8:31 a.m.
Nashco wrote: To clarify, is the "drawing" like a one-per-car-entered kind of thing, or is it for everybody in attendance? The way you worded it above sounds like everybody present can enter.

I just checked with the decision-makers. It's one entry per team. Will remove any ambiguity from original post.

Alan Cesar
8/23/12 8:34 a.m.
miatame wrote: I paid online an sent an email with my info...anyway to check and see if everything is a-ok?

Send an email to debbie@grassrootsmotorsports.com or give us a call at 386-239-0523.

wrenchedexcess
wrenchedexcess New Reader
8/23/12 1:38 p.m.

Sent my form in,made my reservation and this time the car is running!!!! Been driving it for a week, working out a few minor bugs but Bessie is very happy because I fixed the a/c. I was warned in advance no a/c and she no go. But for $2012 in prize money...uh....maybe I could disable it?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fls1UYdwgj5EXaNZltexgw3noINbQixPfxwmx5EbnqBz6aha2KNaCEgMionr8ER3