Some more pics:

Original Promo Pic:

Nasty engine bay:

Going down to the bare metal:

Primered and getting block sanded:

First coat of 350Z Pike's Peak White:

Engine bay is done!

Short stay back at home:

It's now going through re-assembly and getting the motor refreshed. With only a little over 18k on the odometer, there's not a lot of …

Read the rest of the story

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
10/3/12 12:49 p.m.

So what makes this car worth $1300 more than the Accent SE? It weighs more (71lbs), has drum rear brakes, gets considerably less fuel economy, has an old 5spd trans that screams the engine at highway speeds, has less hp/tq (21/17) and you (the mag) gave it a lower score. So why would someone pay more for less?

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
10/8/12 9:30 a.m.

to Bobzilla---- The scores are listed by each staffer that drove the car, and averaged out. I wouldn't put too much stock in how many "stars" a car earns, but rather what our opinions are, as one good or bad review can skew the results. That said, I found the Fit to be more entertaining to drive than the Accent, with sharper steering,and a more eager feel. The Accent is a nice machine, but due to the Fit's versatile cargo hauling capability, and willing chassis, I prefer it to the Hyundai. YMMV

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Associate Editor
12/10/13 12:00 a.m.

Honda's ever-popular Fit has received some subtle tweaks for 2012, most notable upgrades in the styling and technology departments. The Fit looks better than ever, especially in Sport trim. Also new for 2012 is a subtly revised interior with more sound deadening. It's nice to know that Honda responds to consumer complaints. We tested a Fit Sport with a manual transmission and almost every option.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OMJItBKqdxQU74S6lPXM60mrcRurB7MWrphc7p1rEn0xUeIPpiylFOhaFPEwYyyr