jstein77
jstein77 SuperDork
6/28/12 9:37 a.m.
feature_image

Um, Joe - Rouge is makeup. Rogue is a Nissan.

Read the rest of the story

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
6/28/12 10:22 a.m.

yes, and I don't see myself wearing either!

Klayfish
Klayfish UltraDork
6/28/12 11:37 a.m.

Maybe that's just clever marketing strategy by Nissan...name it one simple spelling mistake from a make-up. Wonder what the gender demographics for it are???

integraguy
integraguy UltraDork
6/28/12 1:17 p.m.

"Wonder what the gender demographics for it are?" Apparently, you aren't watching all the Nissan commercials with the HYPER perky young woman shopping for the Rogue? Aren't all the U.S. "cute utes" aimed at women?

BTW, in Europe, you can get a Rogue with a manual transmission and/or diesel engine.

Finally, no one mentioned the very bad (supposedly?) blind spot caused by the shape of the rear side windows. About 90% of owners of the Rogue gave Nissan and the the Rogue very black marks for this design feature. I'm not all together sure how other folks "test drive" a vehicle before buying...but I think if it bothered me, I'd notice BEFORE the contract needed signing.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
6/29/12 9:11 a.m.

Honestly I didn't notice the big blind spot. Reports may have been exaggerated, or it could be that we are just used to claustrophobic cars these days. It is actually a pleasant surprise when we CAN see out of a new car.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Associate Editor
12/10/13 12:00 a.m.

The 2012 Nissan Rogue is still a strong contender in the competitive crossover market. Stickering at just under $30,000, our test model had lots of toys (leather, Bose stereo, Navigation, heated seats, a very nice camera system, etc.) for its relatively low price.

However, this Rogue SV with the SL package represents the upper end of the crossover spectrum. For a more modestly appointed Rogue, figure around $22,000. That price slightly undercuts the Honda CR-V, the Rogue's main competitor, as well as most other crossovers.

Like what you read here? You can get a whole magazine full of these types of articles delivered to your home or shop 8 times a year. Subscribe now or visit the Grassroots Motorsports online store for back issues.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZjPQNFmYTljYXMq5NRolCVLGIQtDolsNcCgWxz2DiZ0GQVoOxtjCqWFrn6nsUovw