DoctorBlade UltraDork
6/4/13 6:45 a.m.
feature_image

Stickered at $50? I'm in!

Read the rest of the story

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter PowerDork
6/5/13 3:29 p.m.

I had a loaner for a day or two and have to disagree. I was completely underwhelmed. I thought the 4 was pretty agricultural compared to the inline six, or even today's better four-cylinders. Also, the auto-shutoff feature was annoying, and the interior bits were disappointing for a 50k car. I'll just keep my E92, thank you.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Associate Editor
12/10/13 12:00 a.m.

We recently spent a week in what could be BMW's most innovative 3 series in years. This 2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sedan might not have a catchy name, but it does have a turbocharged 4-cylinder engine, an 8-speed automatic, and all-wheel-drive. We quickly found the BMW to be an awesome car for a road trip. In fact, we racked up nearly 1500 miles in only a few days.

But as any GRM reader will tell you, BMWs belong on track. So we took it to Monticello Motor Club and ran the challenging track in the rain. We were blown away by how capable this 3600-pound monster of a 3-series is, as well as by how much fun Monticello's track is.

Like what you read here? You can get a whole magazine full of these types of articles delivered to your home or shop 8 times a year. Subscribe now or visit the Grassroots Motorsports online store for back issues.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
70OwB28HoLVpXrBUJAWmFyWDqQJ2BqWX0ZX8xTZXo9cPBWQ5hK2G9L4EzIpo7HlN