dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/7/16 4:51 p.m.

Car has a bunch of misfire codes and barley ran. Also showed cam sensor codes on both banks.

Changed oil as it was really dirty and had gas in it thinking that the hydrolic lifters may be tge issue with the low oil and the dirty contaminated oil.

Cleated codes and re started car. It ran much better nut I still tossing codes p2094 and p2092

Any help would be appreciated.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UltraDork
4/7/16 5:39 p.m.

Those are camshaft position sensor errors right? Throw a timing belt, sludge keeping the cam or liters not working properly?

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
4/7/16 5:40 p.m.

Are these belt or chain? I would be worried that a belt jumped teeth.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UltraDork
4/7/16 5:56 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: Are these belt or chain? I would be worried that a belt jumped teeth.

SO would I but Mercedes uses oi pressure to drive the cam change/phase right you might have to pull that solenoid and clean the heck out of it.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/8/16 9:19 a.m.

Do you know if the engine cover has been off recently? If the cover is not sitting on the MAF correctly you can get codes like that.

Another thing to check, if this car has them, are the Camshaft Adjuster solenoid. On my wife's R class with the V6 there are 4 of these on the front of the engine, one for each camshaft. They are magnets that trigger the VVT. If the oil was a dirty as you say I would pull them and clean them out, or replace them.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
I6KEmGR9nVLEBNhvN0ak6CCwx6urdPSpqTNXE6ShXTDgaqTTUMXFewITVUDoRF4Z