1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Rick Goolsby
Rick Goolsby Events Manager
9/9/14 12:48 p.m.

In reply to Gearheadotaku:

You should have received an email this morning. If not, send me a PM.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
9/9/14 2:22 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote: Unfortunately I am not going to make it this year. I changed jobs and I don't have enough time off.

Sorry to hear.
At the same time, congrats on the new gig.

unevolved
unevolved Dork
9/9/14 3:31 p.m.

Yeah, that's a great reason to not be able to make it.

I don't think I'll have a car ready, but I just got my time off approved. So, I'll be looking to crew/drink/offer bad advice.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/10/14 2:14 p.m.
evildky wrote: I don't think I'm gonna make it this year, maybe 12 was my limit

do not like

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
9/10/14 2:24 p.m.

I'm still holding at zero attendance.

Florida is way to far to drag some one-trick POS I could build for $2k. Maybe I should just fly in and bring a rental to compete in. How does that get tallied... $367/day for 2 days... well under budget right? A HTZ vette ought to do well enough

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/10/14 2:26 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: I'm still holding at zero attendance. Florida is way to far to drag some one-trick POS I could build for $2k. Maybe I should just fly in and bring a rental to compete in. How does that get tallied... $367/day for 2 days... well under budget right? A HTZ vette ought to do well enough

How much of a hot shoe are you in the area of autocross?

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
9/11/14 9:31 a.m.

Sadly I'm out for $2014 just no time to button up everything.. I'll be back in '15.... as its too good of an event to miss, just wish it wasn't 950 miles each way.

VWguyBruce
VWguyBruce HalfDork
9/11/14 6:06 p.m.

Seems like more than a few regulars are out. Guess I better get signed up before I miss it.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
9/11/14 6:44 p.m.

I am in, email acceptance from Rick received.

BTW if you only go to one, this is the year to come

Pat
Pat HalfDork
9/11/14 7:20 p.m.

I am out too...car is not even close to done and I have some work commitments I can't get out of

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
9/11/14 7:55 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: I'm still holding at zero attendance. Florida is way to far to drag some one-trick POS I could build for $2k. Maybe I should just fly in and bring a rental to compete in. How does that get tallied... $367/day for 2 days... well under budget right? A HTZ vette ought to do well enough

I am not apposed to encouraging this behavior. Remember, there is always a "exhibition class" for those that fall outside the rules/budget.
The track is rented. The autocross course set up. May as well get some more use out of it!

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
9/11/14 8:14 p.m.

I'll be there.

With another recycled $20XX Challenger.

It's my guaranteed method to not impress the judges. That's OK, still havin fun.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/11/14 8:44 p.m.

I actually havent gotten my acceptance email... I entered 2 weeks ago or so. Should I be worried?

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
9/12/14 12:39 a.m.
JohnRW1621 wrote:
stan_d wrote: How do you send in fees without using the mail?
Today, I printed an entry form and wrote on it with pen. I then wrote a check out from a check book and placed it all in a envelope with a stamp. The process was just as '90's-esque as the car I will compete with.

I am SO rooting for you to win it all! . That thing is awesome!

pimpm3
pimpm3 HalfDork
9/12/14 1:53 a.m.

I am willing to bet it is the most comfortable challenge car by a long shot. It sounds amazing too...

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
9/12/14 7:18 a.m.

In reply to sethmeister4:
Thanks for the cheers and the encouragement.
As I see it, The Challenge is a combination of "bought right" and "built right." This entry will be heavily slanted to the "bought right" side of the equation.
Much of these accolades go to Jeremy (Pimpm3) for seeing the "Challenger" in the car that everyone else overlooked or feared.

I have wanted to compete at The Challenge since its inception. In the last couple years I have attended acting as crew for Aussie Steve. This will be the first year that I campaign my own car.
As for winning the whole thing...we plan to make an impact!
Let just say, "there ain't no party like a Q45 party 'cus a Q45 party don't stop!"

For others including Hobircr, Sethmeister and more, we still have room on the crew. This is a "fly-in" program. I will not get my hands onto the car until Thursday, the day before the gig. Team member, Jeremy, has the car and has been helpful "above and beyond the call" but he is also campaigning another car.

The tentative plan is that a buddy and I will be flying out of Cleveland Weds night and arrive in FL late Weds night. We will not get hands onto the car until Thurs morn. Some things will be shipped, others brought on the plane.
After beating on the car for a weekend, we will then continue to test the car with a 1000 mile trek back. It should be a fantastic voyage!

Stop by and see us at the judging, if you can find us!

unevolved
unevolved Dork
9/12/14 7:29 a.m.

That sounds like fun. I'm looking for someone to crew for/drink with.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
9/12/14 7:54 a.m.

In reply to unevolved:
Bring it!
PM's don't work always work for me sending them out (issue with email provider) but feel free to write to me and I will fill you in on some details.
jwelsh02(a)yahoo.com

Rick Goolsby
Rick Goolsby Events Manager
9/12/14 8:14 a.m.

In reply to Swank Force One:

Just sent you a PM.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/12/14 8:46 a.m.

You have a reply, sir!

EDIT: Nevermind, i see i'm good to go!

Now.... to put the harnesses back in my car. Ya'all are gonna see some E36 M3 this year. The goal is to run a 14.0 quarter mile, but with the fastest trap speed in history.

tuna55
tuna55 UltimaDork
9/12/14 8:49 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote: You have a reply, sir! EDIT: Nevermind, i see i'm good to go! Now.... to put the harnesses back in my car. Ya'all are gonna see some E36 M3 this year. The goal is to run a 14.0 quarter mile, but with the fastest trap speed in history.

332.18 mph? It was set in 2014, so I suppose some advancements have been made since then... but still.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/12/14 8:58 a.m.
tuna55 wrote:
Swank Force One wrote: You have a reply, sir! EDIT: Nevermind, i see i'm good to go! Now.... to put the harnesses back in my car. Ya'all are gonna see some E36 M3 this year. The goal is to run a 14.0 quarter mile, but with the fastest trap speed in history.
332.18 mph? It was set in 2014, so I suppose some advancements have been made since then... but still.

I meant in Challenge history, sorry. (Though i don't know if it'll even do that. I'm running low on dialing in time. Original plan was to hit 130mph.)

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
9/12/14 10:19 a.m.

130 has been beat.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/12/14 10:47 a.m.
SVreX wrote: 130 has been beat.

I'll bet they ran a bit faster than a 14.0, right?

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/12/14 11:00 a.m.

Swank, you driving or towing down? Don't forget you have an entire body kit to haul home with you. It pretty much takes up the entire bed of my F350.

John, you want me to bring a nitrous setup for that Q45? You got any room in your budget?

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gVh9AHBZ5fi18jLNv43oCdQqaqJJUQMe6l1ugQempkauIyrGvob8sWKIk750LlcB