1 ... 5 6 7 8
NordicSaab
NordicSaab New Reader
9/30/14 9:15 a.m.

I'll be back this year with the '74 triumph. Made a lot of progress here in the past year and hoping to run a sub 20 second quarter mile (Not even kidding)

If we leave the challenge without a hole in the side of the block, I will be surprised

tb
tb GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/30/14 9:44 a.m.

I'm registered, even got my confirmation email!

Sadly, I do not actually have a car yet... My latest hope for a fly and buy literally just disintegrated.

I am sure I will come up with something in order to have some fun; see you all in a couple of weeks.

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/30/14 9:57 a.m.

I wasn't planning a bringing a car but now that may change. I just posted a thread on the main page for transport help for a set of wheels/tires from Northern VA. If anyone can help then I'll be much obliged.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/30/14 2:37 p.m.
unevolved wrote: For those of us not in the know, what's particularly kickass about that particular turbocharger?

My guess would be "ceramic impeller". But that is just a guess.

NordicSaab
NordicSaab New Reader
9/30/14 5:59 p.m.

I'm just going to set this right... here

Initial Turbo Testing

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/30/14 6:01 p.m.

That's.... quite the strange sound you have there.

pimpm3
pimpm3 HalfDork
9/30/14 7:52 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote:
mndsm wrote: that right there is why I refuse to do wiring.
I can do it, but i hate doing it, and i went about this the wrong way. I made a few mistakes. Things i SHOULD have done: 1) Trusted my gut that while it would have taken longer to do the actual gutting, i should have left all harnesses IN the car during the gut job, and then i wouldn't be playing "where the berkeley does THIS go?" all the time. 2) Thrown it all in the trash and thrown together a switch panel in one quarter the time for probably under $40. (but i really needed that $40 to give me some wiggle room just in case i needed to source a new fitting or two for the meth kit) I'm pretty sure where this is going to go is i'll give up troubleshooting my non-running car on the 19th and do #2 anyways. On the plus side... the engine bay looks pretty rad.

Make sure you tighten the turbo to manifold bolts

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/30/14 10:09 p.m.
pimpm3 wrote: Make sure you tighten the turbo to manifold bolts

We'll be ok. Figured out why the gaskets were blowing out.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
10/1/14 6:18 a.m.

My challenge car has asploded and is currently in two states, we have a way to go

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UltraDork
10/1/14 7:37 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote: Seriously Dave, you need to change that date somehow. It lost me my hotshoe driver, too.

Dave really did try to get the date changed. Not so much so he could go compete, but so he could watch me off myself in your car

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
10/1/14 8:11 a.m.
Spoolpigeon wrote:
Swank Force One wrote: Seriously Dave, you need to change that date somehow. It lost me my hotshoe driver, too.
Dave really did try to get the date changed. Not so much so he could go compete, but so he could watch me off myself in your car

Save the date for next year. We're going to make a serious run at this because free tires for e'er'body! I'll have the scratch to throw some enormous Hohos in the name of lulz at it for $2015.

NordicSaab
NordicSaab New Reader
10/1/14 8:59 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote:
Spoolpigeon wrote:
Save the date for next year. We're going to make a serious run at this because free tires for e'er'body! I'll have the scratch to throw some enormous Hohos in the name of lulz at it for $2015.

$2015 Challenge Build + $1600 in tires. Opens a whole lot of options. One of these days I'm going to show up with a car that produces more than 100hp

evildky
evildky Dork
10/1/14 10:21 a.m.

Maybe next year we move the Challenge to the NCM track in Bowling Green, Then we can host a regional autox on sunday

jstein77
jstein77 SuperDork
10/1/14 10:26 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote: That's.... quite the strange sound you have there.

That's the sound the gerbil makes when his tail is twisted.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
10/1/14 10:38 a.m.

How many of you guys are planning on arriving on Wednesday?

NordicSaab
NordicSaab New Reader
10/1/14 10:43 a.m.
jstein77 wrote:
Swank Force One wrote: That's.... quite the strange sound you have there.
That's the sound the gerbil makes when his tail is twisted.

lol. should be even more obnoxious once the "special" exhaust is on

PseudoSport
PseudoSport HalfDork
10/1/14 11:10 a.m.

Our team should be arriving late Wednesday afternoon with 2 cars.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
10/1/14 11:12 a.m.

Cool i'm planning on heading out from here early Wednesday morning. I don't feel like getting in late on Thursday, partying, getting up on friday, racing, partying, and just running myself down like that.

Plus this way i can party ALL day Thursday.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet SuperDork
10/1/14 11:17 a.m.

Thursday is get the car ready/party/parking lot turbo install/general shenanigans day.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
10/1/14 11:18 a.m.

I also didn't want to wake everyone up if i were to roll in late on Thursday.

evildky
evildky Dork
10/1/14 11:44 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote: I also didn't want to wake everyone up if i were to roll in late on Thursday.

Like your car won't explode before you head south

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
10/1/14 12:27 p.m.
evildky wrote:
Swank Force One wrote: I also didn't want to wake everyone up if i were to roll in late on Thursday.
Like your car won't explode before you head south

True story.

When it runs, it's way louder than it used to be, though.

stan_d
stan_d Dork
10/1/14 12:44 p.m.

I am making a vacation out of it and will be down there on Monday.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette UltraDork
10/1/14 2:29 p.m.

RIP Tom

unevolved
unevolved Dork
10/1/14 3:32 p.m.

Our team's arriving Thursday evening with three guys and no racecar.

1 ... 5 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vTuUiOSikI1pWMMu6omFnItBLDdScpMKtv70Qp219R2fbRtVlua1bXtw7NTBfNdA