SVreX MegaDork
10/28/14 11:57 a.m.

In reply to Rick Goolsby:

You've got mail

Rick Goolsby
Rick Goolsby Events Manager
10/28/14 12:01 p.m.

In reply to WillrunifChased:

I am going through the results right now and will get back with you shortly.

Rick Goolsby
10/28/14 12:02 p.m.

In reply to SVreX:

I am replying right now.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
10/28/14 12:04 p.m.

In reply to Rick Goolsby:

Thanks Rick!

Not a crisis, I can wait, but it's good to know you are on it.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Associate Editor
10/28/14 12:46 p.m.

Hi guys, thought I might be able to step in here and help out. I just walked over and took a look over Rick's shoulder, and here's how things stack up.

First, a little explanation: The scoring spreadsheet is an ages-old document. Heck, it doesn't even have a .xlsx file extension. And, true to GRM form, we threw Rick at it with very little explanation or help. This is the first time he's done this.

If you promise not to tell anyone, I'll give you the down-low. The results and trophies announced at the banquet were based on the total scores competitors had accumulated, with no weight given to each particular event. Because of the point differences between the speed events and the concours, we use what's called the "Dynamic Score" to even them out and fairly compare the cars.

The awards at the banquet were given without taking this correction factor into account. And, luckily, they ended up being accurate. This is a problem that won't happen again in the future. And it didn't affect anybody (except the few of you who heard you finished higher than you did) this year.

I'll figure out what happened with last chance challenger next. Give me a minute.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
10/28/14 12:48 p.m.

Thanks Tom.

Tom Suddard
10/28/14 1:40 p.m.

Okay, moving on to Last Chance Challenger:

Long story short, we screwed up. The winner was actually team Infiniti & Beyond, which entered the highest finishing Last Chance Challenger.

We're going to make this right, and we're reaching out to both teams now. We'll let you know once we hear back from them.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
10/28/14 1:53 p.m.

Tom, PM sent

echoechoecho
echoechoecho New Reader
10/28/14 5:57 p.m.

pimpm3
pimpm3 HalfDork
10/28/14 6:26 p.m.
echoechoecho wrote:

You guys are awesome!

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
10/28/14 6:33 p.m.
pimpm3 wrote:
echoechoecho wrote:
You guys are awesome!

Please come back, we love you guys

Raze
Raze UltraDork
10/28/14 6:42 p.m.

So I have to ask, who is XR4 the Win?

echoechoecho
echoechoecho New Reader
10/28/14 6:53 p.m.

Oh for sure we will be back, had to much fun not too. I already have some ideas for next year.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
10/28/14 6:57 p.m.

Peach Pie will be flowing again, woo hoo

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/28/14 7:42 p.m.
echoechoecho wrote:

I feel bad for you, but that's the funniest thing I've seen on the forum in a long time.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/28/14 8:13 p.m.
Woody wrote:
echoechoecho wrote:
I feel bad for you, but that's the funniest thing I've seen on the forum in a long time.

I laughed.

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/28/14 9:05 p.m.

In reply to echoechoecho:

Not a fan that this happened. Can we please make sure this sort of thing doesn't happen in the future?

Regardless, you guys come back next year and you will not have to buy any beer. It will be covered.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
10/28/14 10:11 p.m.
echoechoecho wrote:

Winners in my book (sayeth another guy who dropped 4 places in the standings).

Your enthusiasm at the banquet was unrivaled.

And that post is a great post.

Can't wait to see you again!

Sil80redtop
Sil80redtop Reader
10/28/14 10:26 p.m.
Raze wrote: So I have to ask, who is XR4 the Win?

It's me. I vouch for the Q45's 15.3sec quarter. Witnessed it.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/29/14 5:56 a.m.
echoechoecho wrote:

I would have built a car and hauled it down from Connecticut had I known that there were going to be giant phony checks handed out.

spin_out
spin_out Reader
10/29/14 6:32 a.m.

Awesome post. You guys are great sports. (This photo should go in the mag.)

I think it's ok for the staff to ask for assistance if they run into a snag. I have the results spreadsheet on my computer, and I assume a handful of competitors had it on lap tops. If half your competitors are computer people, I think it's fine to ask for some spreadsheet assistance. Even if it's just data input.

echoechoecho wrote:
Rick Goolsby
10/29/14 7:46 a.m.

In reply to echoechoecho:

You guys are the best! I vote for Rookie of the Year!

Tom Suddard
10/29/14 9:11 a.m.

Echo, as a thank you/sorry, we'd like to offer you guys tickets to the GRM Experience at the Rolex 24 at Daytona. Interested?

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
10/29/14 9:15 a.m.
Rick Goolsby wrote: In reply to echoechoecho: You guys are the best! I vote for Rookie of the Year!

Me too, but I think that's a forgone conclusion by their actions

golfduke
golfduke Reader
10/29/14 9:42 a.m.

wow. Tough situation all around, but that is really what's amazing about the GRM experience and people involved- all stand up dudes who generally don't let crap get to them and understand that E36 M3 happens.

Stand up job having a great sense of humor in what is obviously a kind of junky and disappointing scenario.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gWflhqJWHaV7Gj4QztEiGNhm1juPuyrxKSeFTxn4D9lA8cmDyhTGSbCNGDnzGQrH