Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Editorial Assistant
9/18/15 1:45 p.m.
feature_image

The Z4 tends to be a love-it or hate-it type of car. While rather nimble, it's appearance can come across as bulky. Our test car was armed with the 2.0-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder. Despite the rather small heart, it makes a pretty healthy 240 horsepower.

Our car was also more than $10,000 over a base model's price. What do we get …

Read the rest of the story

wspohn
wspohn HalfDork
9/20/15 9:58 a.m.

Like the look of the cars, but it will be a cold day in Hell before I own an automatic transmission sports car, and that car is about 300 lbs. over weight and about $15,000 too expensive in comparison with the other alternatives. The twin turbo 6 with 335 bhp and a six speed manual would make me twitch though - but then I'd likely go off and buy a Z4M coupe from the previous generation and save half the cost of the new one to put into 'improvements'

asoduk
asoduk Reader
9/20/15 9:38 p.m.

I found the automatic in this car to actually be really nice. When I had one for a weekend test drive it reminded me a lot of the miata with a long hood and nice interior.

My only dislikes were that it was hard not to park like a BMW driver, and the radio display was hard to read with the top down.

racerdave600
racerdave600 SuperDork
9/21/15 11:08 a.m.

They've tried to update the Z4, but it's still an old design. For $60k there are plenty of other choices. I keep harping on this, but I hope the steering is better than on my dad's two new BMWs.

I will agree with the 4cyl though. It does not feel like one, and the blend of power and mpg is very impressive.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wZ6itF7Q2T63WnfytabR0X7TYc10MSp6IQdUoiuhbODEL9VBZmn8BQ3MKnrbpIZk