WildMan New Reader
1/5/15 11:40 p.m.

What snell rating helmet do we need to have for the challenge, or will DOT rating helmets work. Having issues finding the track rules for host club. Looked at this one on ebay but need advise Ebay Helmet

pimpm3 HalfDork
1/6/15 12:22 a.m.

Needs to be a Snell 2005 or better. Buy a SA2010 helmet if you are looking for a new, unless the 2015's are out. My first new helmet was a Snell M1995 Helmet. When I got into Road Racing a few years later I had to buy a SA2000 helmet because the M one was not legal.

WildMan New Reader
1/6/15 12:41 a.m.


echoechoecho New Reader
1/6/15 1:22 a.m.

correct me if im wrong but a M rated(up to date) should work for autocross and the challenge, right?

pimpm3 HalfDork
1/6/15 1:35 a.m.

Yes an up to date Snell rated M helmet is fine for autocrossing but..... If you are buying a new helmet spend the extra for SA rated one, that way you won't be held back if you want to try a track day, HPDE, chump racing etc.

hobiercr Dork
1/6/15 8:41 a.m.

Also, there are always a ton of loaner helmets at the challenge. Don't feel like you have to drop the $$$ just to participate. Get your car done first...

Our Preferred Partners