6/19/13 5:42 a.m.
logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/19/13 6:13 a.m.

That body kit is awful. Way too lumpy.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
6/19/13 6:22 a.m.

Your car has a bra? Mine has a full bondage suit.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/19/13 6:53 a.m.
N Sperlo wrote: Your car has a bra? Mine has a full bondage suit.

That is funny...

Now to clean my computer screen...

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/19/13 6:55 a.m.

If what I am seeing of the headlights and the front end it looks like a cross between the gaping fish mouth that most fords have and the headlights look similar to those of a Chrysler 300.

iceracer
iceracer UberDork
6/19/13 8:50 a.m.

How come it says "Car and Driver" on the side ?

ultraclyde
ultraclyde Dork
6/19/13 9:52 a.m.

Digital overlay so you'll know who snagged the photo. Or who we stole it from.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/19/13 9:55 a.m.
stroker
stroker Dork
6/19/13 9:58 a.m.
pinchvalve wrote: Bring out the Gimp

Now THAT was funny.

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
6/19/13 10:02 a.m.

funny to call that "spy shots"- since cars like that are constantly tooling around development areas. Dearborn, Warren, Auburn Hills, etc.

A real spy shot would be from the inside of a styling area, that actually showed real body shapes.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 PowerDork
6/19/13 10:08 a.m.

I used to do a lot of business years back Downriver. I used to see similar, often, in the "around the airport" loop that is I-75 south of Southfield Rd to I-275 north to I-94 east

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
6/19/13 10:09 a.m.
JohnRW1621 wrote: I used to do a lot of business years back Downriver. I used to see similar, often, in the "around the airport" loop that is I-75 south of Southfield Rd to I-275 north to I-94 east

I do part of that loop when I get a new car.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/19/13 10:21 a.m.

Please tell me those aren't hideous thin rectangular headlights I can see behind the "gimp suit"

Mazda787b
Mazda787b New Reader
6/19/13 10:30 a.m.

The key is to hit the chain resturants in Dearborn (Fairlane Mall) and Allen Park (site of old Ford clay mine) around lunchtime. Lots of 'different' stuff floating around on almost a daily basis.

Also see a lot of "M" plate cars on the way up/back form Northern Michigan "up north" while in employee hands. Saw a new Durango with racetrack LED lights and Brembos a few weeks ago.

I'm sure the same goes for Auburn Hills and Warren, but I don't get out that way too much.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/19/13 10:49 a.m.
N Sperlo wrote: Your car has a bra? Mine has a full bondage suit.

Mine's painted in fifty shades of gray......primer

Chris_V
Chris_V UltraDork
6/19/13 11:35 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: Please tell me those aren't hideous thin rectangular headlights I can see behind the "gimp suit"

They are. The car is probably going to look a lot lik ethis render:

Based on the Ford EVOS showcar that was running around a year or two ago:

yamaha
yamaha UberDork
6/19/13 11:38 a.m.

I just hope the grill is more "Mustangy" than that.....proportionally, the outline looks pretty close.

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade UltraDork
6/19/13 11:47 a.m.

Nope, it's the new Aston Martin.

fastEddie
fastEddie SuperDork
6/19/13 11:53 a.m.
Chris_V wrote:
GameboyRMH wrote: Please tell me those aren't hideous thin rectangular headlights I can see behind the "gimp suit"
They are. The car is probably going to look a lot lik ethis render: Based on the Ford EVOS showcar that was running around a year or two ago:

I'm for either of those. The retro-ness was cool but needs toned down moving forward.

Chris_V
Chris_V UltraDork
6/19/13 11:58 a.m.
DoctorBlade wrote: Nope, it's the new Aston Martin.

if it's a $30k Aston with a Coyote 5.0, I'd be all over it.

Enyar
Enyar HalfDork
6/19/13 12:10 p.m.

Retro isn't done yet....bring on the foxbody!!!!

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/19/13 12:11 p.m.
Chris_V wrote:
They are. The car is probably going to look a lot lik ethis render: Based on the Ford EVOS showcar that was running around a year or two ago:

I like it. As long as ford keeps it smaller than the chevy and chrysler..

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/19/13 12:26 p.m.
Enyar wrote: Retro isn't done yet....bring on the foxbody!!!!

Fashion does seem to always reference the past, but in an ever-tightening loop. We reference a different decade every couple of years or so. You get from the '60s to the '80s in a hurry that way

CLH
CLH GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/19/13 12:37 p.m.

If it looks like the renders above that would be peachy by me. I was never a fan of the overly-long (to my eye) rear overhang of the current version. The front overhang was nice and snug, but it always seemed that the back end went on for too long.

Chris_V
Chris_V UltraDork
6/19/13 1:50 p.m.
CLH wrote: If it looks like the renders above that would be peachy by me. I was never a fan of the overly-long (to my eye) rear overhang of the current version. The front overhang was nice and snug, but it always seemed that the back end went on for too long.

When did we start thinking that having actual trunk space was bad and that this overhang was too long:

When cars from before had overhangs like this at the rear:

or

And of course, who can forget exotic car front overhangs...

Yeah, the Mustang is no MINI Cooper, but it's a relatively short overhang with a useable trunk.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GrR1NBwBu5QOKlyFXrUIi9i0a4QpOw5Kb13QBWfonEVP4a1B9hBn31p6Y0K7oikE