1 2
John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/11/19 6:50 p.m.

Where'd ya learn that nifty temp gun trick? 

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
1/12/19 6:11 a.m.

Almost sounds like the tone rings are slipping....

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/15/19 12:42 p.m.

They’ve had the car since Friday night(technically since Wednesday but we had it for 40 minutes Friday).

today they are replacing at least one caliper.  I still believe that if it doesn’t set a CEL code, dealers are inept at diagnosis, but we’ll see what happens.  Best case we’re fixed tonight.  Worst case for my mental health is it does it again after we get it back

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/15/19 1:49 p.m.

+1 for testing with the ABS fuse pulled if it does the same thing again, that will at least eliminate any possible electronic cause.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
1/15/19 3:06 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Manufacturers don’t want to pay for parts shotgunning a “no code”.

I'm guessing slipping tone rings, flaky sensors, or airgap changes from runout are the real culprits.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/16/19 6:46 p.m.

Car is back, Carli says it felt good on the way home.  They replaced one front caliper(dunno why), one rear they found to be “frozen” and all rear pads/rotors for $0 under warranty.  I was expecting to pay for the rotors and pads, as like someone mentioned here they say are 12/12k warranted, and the service advisor said she has never had FCA pay for pads and rotors outside that even when a bad warranted caliper causes the damage, but they covered everything.

i just hope it’s fixed now.  

I totally get where the dealer was coming from when they couldn’t tear down to fix what they didn’t experience, and that was a pain but i am glad they had a tech willing to go to bat and say he believed there was an issue after looking at rotor temps after she went back.  I’m not going to stop going there, especially as the closest one screwed the car up on a recall repair and the second closest are known shiny happy people.  They’ve always taken care of things in the past, i just think we had a strange issue that would not show itself to them on test drives.  The only difference between them and myself is if it were my responsibility i would have taken the rear brakes apart 2 weeks before they eventually did and found the problem way sooner.  Luckily for me, the car is still their problem for 4 years and 54k more miles

Dirtydog
Dirtydog GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/16/19 7:40 p.m.

Glad to hear you have it sorted. Hope that's the end of it.  Makes me laugh when you get a brush off, trying to find the reason behind a potentially bad situation.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gfPpaabrVbGZcbf8AcC7NYoL9ehfGKk945uSqqxfvULotSs6wkFdjw8IH67J7OG3