1 2 3 ... 6
FooBag
FooBag GRM+ Memberand New Reader
8/22/16 6:41 p.m.

Registration opened up today at this link. Who all is going this year? I'll be there in the dirty skittle, racing in PF.

moxnix
moxnix HalfDork
8/22/16 8:40 p.m.

I'll be there in a miata in PR.

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
8/22/16 9:03 p.m.

Have fun, guys. I suspect I'll be spending that week repairing whatever damage we do to the car at Black River the week before (and my bank account). Hopefully someone from the DC Mod RWD field will go to represent since we all run pretty close together.

Kylini
Kylini HalfDork
8/22/16 10:38 p.m.

MIATA II: Prepared Rear Boogaloo!

FooBag
8/23/16 8:11 p.m.

There has to be more of the people on this board that are planning on attending. Let's see some more rallycross rides!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/23/16 8:18 p.m.

Free bump for you guys. Sadly the event conflicts with our $2016 Challenge.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
8/23/16 8:18 p.m.

I'm not sure yet. It depends on the travel schedule of others that I would be going with. If I do then I will probably be in the MR Corolla that I'll be co-driving this weekend. I'll try to figure it out.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
8/23/16 8:24 p.m.

Have fun! I keep thinking about going, but I'm not sure I want to go to all that effort to be a backmarker. Someone in my region has been before and placed a little ways back, and I'm way slower than him, so I need to get faster before it's worth my while.

BTW - you are driving what I consider to be one of the best candidates for a PF class car

Matt_the_Wolfe
Matt_the_Wolfe New Reader
8/24/16 1:53 p.m.

I'll be there in this

Looks like it'll be a fast Stock FWD field this year. The winning Neon from last year is reg'd and there's a real-deal Integra Type R registered

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
8/24/16 3:34 p.m.

I went in 2014, more as a bucket-list item. I may or may not have had the worst times of the entire field. Of course that year it was stupid-level cold and windy, the field was terrible and claimed 3 roll-over accidents (incl our region's RX chair), and the delays were over the top.

But I went, finished my runs, and drove Subarust back home in one piece.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 SuperDork
8/24/16 7:49 p.m.
irish44j wrote: Have fun, guys. I suspect I'll be spending that week repairing whatever damage we do to the car at Black River the week before (and my bank account). Hopefully someone from the DC Mod RWD field will go to represent since we all run pretty close together.

I'll be at Black River as well (not driving). I don't think I can pull off NY and Iowa in the same month.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/24/16 8:08 p.m.
Jerry wrote: I went in 2014, more as a bucket-list item. I may or may not have had the worst times of the entire field. Of course that year it was stupid-level cold and windy, the field was terrible and claimed 3 roll-over accidents (incl our region's RX chair), and the delays were over the top. But I went, finished my runs, and drove Subarust back home in one piece.

2014 was my favorite nationals.

EvanB
8/24/16 8:09 p.m.

I'll be back with my Miata in mr.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/24/16 8:31 p.m.
EvanB wrote:
Jerry wrote: I went in 2014, more as a bucket-list item. I may or may not have had the worst times of the entire field. Of course that year it was stupid-level cold and windy, the field was terrible and claimed 3 roll-over accidents (incl our region's RX chair), and the delays were over the top. But I went, finished my runs, and drove Subarust back home in one piece.
2014 was my favorite nationals.

It was the first time that Nationals had a surface I felt comfortable with.

The bitter cold, constant wind, and phenomenally craptacular sleeping arrangements we had since the nearest hotels were like a half hour away... that I don't miss.

(No heat, and the bathroom/showers were in another building that was semi-open-air. And the only shower water temperature was "scalding", so you could freeze and get burnt at the same time. On the bright side it was like $15/night or something)

Friday morning vehicle maintenance:

Not shown: Driving over the wheels I had just bought from Jerry, scratching the hell out of one of them.

Knurled
8/24/16 9:21 p.m.
EvanB wrote: I'll be back with my Miata in mr.

You should let Will co-drive it.

Madhatr
Madhatr Reader
8/25/16 7:00 a.m.

I am bringing the Dirtball:

photo rallycross0605-2.jpg

And I fully expect to be the slowest one there....

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
8/25/16 7:13 a.m.
Knurled wrote: Not shown: Driving over the wheels I had just bought from Jerry, scratching the hell out of one of them.

And they were so pretty too...

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
8/25/16 8:25 a.m.

2014 was the year the convinced me that I WILL NOT be a safety steward at nationals. Maybe I'll change my mind someday, but I'm all about picking up cones for now.

engiekev
engiekev New Reader
8/25/16 8:27 a.m.

In reply to FooBag:

Anyone know who drives the Fiesta ST in the flyer photo? I'm curious about their setup.

EvanB
8/25/16 8:37 a.m.
Knurled wrote:
EvanB wrote: I'll be back with my Miata in mr.
You should let Will co-drive it.

No thanks, he can drive your RX7 instead.

moxnix
moxnix HalfDork
8/25/16 8:41 a.m.
engiekev wrote: Anyone know who drives the Fiesta ST in the flyer photo? I'm curious about their setup.

Looks like Dmitry Beliaev/Harold Denham from the New England region based on the number/plate and picture location. I don't have any contact info for them.

FooBag
8/25/16 10:05 a.m.
moxnix wrote:
engiekev wrote: Anyone know who drives the Fiesta ST in the flyer photo? I'm curious about their setup.
Looks like Dmitry Beliaev/Harold Denham from the New England region based on the number/plate and picture location. I don't have any contact info for them.

I believe this is correct. I don't have contact information either.

Matt_the_Wolfe
Matt_the_Wolfe New Reader
8/26/16 3:04 p.m.

Where's everyone staying? Myself and a couple other DET region peeps are in the Apple Tree Inn. I'm assuming most people will be there or the Quality Inn.

moxnix
moxnix HalfDork
8/26/16 3:44 p.m.

Quality Inn for me.

Knurled
9/14/16 7:09 p.m.

Quality Inn was all booked, got a room at the Apple Tree.

Now I just need to register. And decide what car I am going to run, and what class.

Yah, we'll go with that car then! PF should be good for this thing. Now I wonder if I can get a VIRB X in time, GoPro is kinda sorta starting to take a dump.

1 2 3 ... 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CKSnwQ2u97Dkr1hYeetJNG06DW7c7vwLh4bGQ6qZ14AxcLcFhvAdq9DT6N6YG6I7