1 2 3 4
GSmith
GSmith HalfDork
10/24/17 1:45 p.m.

In reply to Ed Higginbotham :

That's important info and maybe should be a sticky (?)

I was already planning a birthday return trip (10/20) but there's plenty of time to adjust travel for now. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/24/17 1:49 p.m.
wheels777 said:
Stampie said:

Maybe I have a different approach. I only spend a few mins in the lanes looking at Andrew's Z but I instead of looking at it with an No way could that be $2017 I looked at it with Where did he save money?  Within minutes I saw multiple items that he saved money to put where it counts. I also learned that free melted lexan is better than spending $40 on your nice new lexan. 

Funny story.  In 2004 I came to my first Challenge.  I was convinced I could build cheap cars.  I was schooled.  In 13 Challenges, I have learned how to cut $3-400 out of builds I did pre-2004.  That is why I love seeing the cars parked together under the pavillion.  It's class room time.  I learn a new trick EVERY time.

I'm afraid I opened a can of worms when I told you about Summit Racing's clearance racks.  That's my number one resource for big $ parts at challenge budget prices.  couple that with the $25 off $100 coupon and I scored a sorely needed $400 torque converter for $135.  

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2BuFxjBpZWD0TtQKMFid6jmnLwMiedgblfog52dmbkXylOoGiNWpDEZ8sbzo3Rc3