1 2 3 4 ... 6
John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
6/23/17 7:58 p.m.
wheels777 wrote: Anyone going?

Norwalk is less than 20 minutes from my house. I'll be there. Bringing some friends to show them how fast $2k ($3k) can really go.
See you there!

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
6/24/17 6:13 p.m.

I'm traveling for work next week, but should be back in time. If I'm not worn out, I may go up to spectate.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/24/17 8:36 p.m.

Trans bolted back into place with a new 3000rpm stall converter for 60' times that should be quicker than my 140hp lumina. No E36 M3, the datsun 60 footed at 2.15, equal to my 3.1 lumina 15 years ago, with no wheel spin because the converter was stalling around 1000rpm and pushing the locked front wheels forward. Leading to the hilariously lopsided 12.1@122.6 pass at the challenge.

should be a couple hours of hooking everything back up around it. Probably going to get on that if the kids ever go to sleep. I want to go to sleep though too.

Nitroracer
Nitroracer UltraDork
6/24/17 8:59 p.m.

I'll be there to spectate and see what shows up on the 1st. GRM bumper sticker is already on the wagon.

Patrick
6/24/17 9:22 p.m.

We'll have the white/black datsun Z with #23 on GRM panels.

Patrick
6/25/17 8:07 a.m.

Oh yeah, got my SFI jacket and SA2015 closed face helmet so i'm good on safety gear for a while.

wheels777
wheels777 SuperDork
6/25/17 11:13 a.m.
John Welsh wrote:
Norwalk is less than 20 minutes from my house. I'll be there. Bringing some friends to show them how fast $2k ($3k) can really go. See you there!

We may need help. Round robins need extra hands. I sent you a PM.

Patrick
6/25/17 12:59 p.m.
wheels777 wrote:
John Welsh wrote:
Norwalk is less than 20 minutes from my house. I'll be there. Bringing some friends to show them how fast $2k ($3k) can really go. See you there!
We may need help. Round robins need extra hands. I sent you a PM.

He'll be there and is very willing to lend a hand. I'm excited to see what the car is going to do.

Short list:

Raise rear 1/2" from autocross setting

Bolt on slicks

Top off trans fluid

Put 5 gallons of 93 in car and 5 in can

See what happens

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy SuperDork
6/26/17 8:12 a.m.

I'm trying to shuffle some things around so I can be there.

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/26/17 8:49 a.m.

I wish the OH one were a few weeks/a month later... no way whatsoever I will be able to get away on the 1st much less have the Riv at the point it would be worth running.

Patrick
6/27/17 7:18 a.m.

photo 06994EAC-612D-46EC-8A79-F40AC366BFD9_zpsgqb6jjws.jpg

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
6/27/17 7:23 a.m.

Pat, let me know if you need help on Weds and/or Thurs. I am not available tonight, Tues, but I could clear my calander to help you with some last minute thrashing if needed.

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
6/27/17 8:16 a.m.

After replacing the houses central air it looks like im going too miss this. Good luck!

Patrick
6/29/17 2:17 p.m.

All I have left is to get fuel, let car off stands, set tires and fill air tank. Then up on trailer tomorrow and hope it stays dry.

QuasiMofo
QuasiMofo GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/29/17 3:16 p.m.
John Welsh wrote: RK has announced the addition of more Zip Tie Drag Events (for cars under $3k) Schedule Link June 30 – July 1, 2017 Summit Motorsports Park Norwalk, OH July 14 – July 15, 2017 Memphis International Raceway Millington, TN September 15 – 16, 2017 Gateway Motorsports Park Madison, IL January 19 – 20, 2018 Tucson Dragway Tucson, AZ

Don't forget right on Woodward Avenue during the Dream Cruise

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem HalfDork
6/29/17 8:35 p.m.

I'm predicting Nelsons break in 9's and pat gets into the 10s.

Patrick
6/29/17 9:40 p.m.

I'm not expecting anything, that way I won't get disappointed

wheels777
wheels777 SuperDork
6/30/17 5:32 a.m.
Ovid_and_Flem wrote: I'm predicting Nelsons break in 9's and pat gets into the 10s.

I looked at the forecasted weather and it is not favorable to hit your prediction, sorry. If we ran right now (based of the conditions here at the hotel {yes I've been out to the truck at 5:50am}) it would click off a 10.33-10.35 if we were at home. We've gone 10.29 at 129+ with the current set-up. I don't know this track or what to expect for air quality. We are an hour East of the track and just North of Pat's compound.

If SVRex wants a pre-run number we can try to get that . Good morning Paul.

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem HalfDork
6/30/17 5:41 a.m.

In any event a boy can dream. Good Luck guys

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
6/30/17 5:57 a.m.

Here, less that 20 minutes north of thr track, it rained very heavily from 4am-5am. It has stopped now but remains cloudy and some threat of short rains continues. I hope the heavy stuff has gone through for today. Still some threat for Saturday.

If you want to get real scientific, the Drag Strip shares a fence with the local county airport, Norwalk-Huron County Airport which means you can get detailed readings like these for elevation, dew point and humidity.
Link 1 Link 2

wheels777
wheels777 SuperDork
6/30/17 6:07 a.m.
John Welsh wrote: Here, less that 20 minutes north of thr track, it rained very heavily from 4am-5am. It has stopped now but remains cloudy and some threat of short rains continues. I hope the heavy stuff has gone through for today. Still some threat for Saturday.

We have sat in quite a few staging lanes with the car covered. The car cover is on the race prep check list. I am optimistic we will get some runs in.

wheels777
wheels777 SuperDork
6/30/17 6:18 a.m.
John Welsh wrote: If you want to get real scientific, the Drag Strip shares a fence with the local county airport, Norwalk-Huron County Airport which means you can get detailed readings like these for elevation, dew point and humidity. Link 1 Link 2

Wow. I didn't bring my weather station, so I can't convert it to corrected altitude. If someone could run the calculations we can get the ET predictions really close after 2 runs. 0.0137 sec / 100' of change if I chase the jets with the temperature is a good prediction. I have a mental fudge factor if I don't chase the jetting with temp. But I need a track specific baseline (read - home track).

Not having been here before and not competing in an ET event, I only have my air density gage for this event.

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
6/30/17 7:02 a.m.

I know that data is helpful but have I no idea how to use the data.

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem HalfDork
6/30/17 7:05 a.m.

In reply to wheels777:

Truly fascinating.

Patrick
6/30/17 7:50 a.m.

It's definitely humid right now. Ideally no more rain today and it's clear tomorrow.

I'm bringing my open trailer so i'm bringing a car cover and tarp too. The enclosed trailer is retired from duty since it's not a car trailer and things are too sketchy. Must buy enclosed car trailer before October

1 2 3 4 ... 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EfJOQdHq0kJsw4NUfPbOd909NC9cF4ZsgQ1W34aHJu4w1ceT938N3NVCr4jM9nJG