1 ... 4 5 6
Bobzilla
Bobzilla MegaDork
6/22/17 8:15 a.m.
sleepyhead wrote: .
Bobzilla wrote: Besides, if hotted up econobox is what you want, grab a Forte5 SX, turbo/tune it for the same power and roll. You can {...} buy used and it gets even sillier. EDIT: Just found a 2015 with 12k miles for $14,900, BTR stage 1 kit (250whp) for $2000. Add whatever wheel/tire combo you want and an LSD for another $2500. That means CTR knockoff for $19k without all the weird styling.
And Velociter Turbos are a couple years older, and more depreciated with the same engine/chassis, albeit without the same trunk space (guess where my evening went)

I put the Veloster into the same polarizing styling the CTR has. It's love or hate, no in between. I could deal with either side (3dr hatch or 5 dr hatch) but the crossbreed is just terrible. The other downside is in stock form the throttle mapping is terrible. So if you bought one you'd have to modify it almost instantly or you'd hate youre daily drive. Hell, even the older NA 2.4 Forte's have terrible throttle and clutch feel.

Driven5
Driven5 Dork
8/16/17 11:33 a.m.
DrBoost wrote: Then there's the performance deficit against its competitors.

I'll just leave this here:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a10297809/clash-of-clans-2017-type-r-vs-2018-370z-vs-2018-sti/

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
8/16/17 12:36 p.m.

How do you tune a torque curve like that? Seems like total bs

rslifkin
rslifkin SuperDork
8/16/17 12:50 p.m.
Fueled by Caffeine wrote: How do you tune a torque curve like that? Seems like total bs

Boost. And then artificially limiting power in some ranges (presumably for durability of either engine or drivetrain parts). So the torque output could likely be higher where that flat spot is, but boost is held back to limit output in that range.

fanfoy
fanfoy Dork
8/16/17 1:04 p.m.
Driven5 wrote:
DrBoost wrote: Then there's the performance deficit against its competitors.
I'll just leave this here: http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a10297809/clash-of-clans-2017-type-r-vs-2018-370z-vs-2018-sti/

Wow, that article was done in my neck of the woods so I have a great reference.

I am shocked that the Civic is faster around St-Eustache. It's a tight track that requires good traction. And the roads are pretty bad over there...impressive.

1 ... 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ms0PJVNiqxuPCOCENxSZJ3a4cUZdVcmSoAkUZ4X1zLyrRDyoYX91TcmPnNXEAy3a